Tres

Tania Brooks | Nia

"Alright, so tell me some interesting things about yourself" Daya said as we walked around the mall

We had just come back from our lunch date at chipotle and were now walking around the mall doing nothing in particular. I had to get a lemonade from this pretzel place since I already drunk all my drink from chipotle.

"Alright well I'm really a quiet and reserved person, I don't like being in the spotlight. Ummm, I like the color green and I play a lil bit of soccer"

"Wait, you like the color green ? Dang it, I should've gotten him to ask you so I could paint your room a different-"

"It's fine Daya, it's the nicest thing I've gotten in all these 16 years of living"

"How was life in New York if you don't mind me asking ?"

"It wasn't anything like over here that's for sure. Back home it was like nothing was going to go right for me" I shrugged

"Sorry you had it rough back there" She said sincerely looking at me "But you're gonna do much better here with more opportunities for ya"

"Thanks Day" I hugged her

"No problem, so I heard you saying liked soccer"

"Yeah, I used to play it when I was little"

"Our school has a soccer team, they're pretty good but I think they can use a little boost"

"What school do y'all go too ?"

"Mayfield, good school overall. We have a few fights here and there, but nothing major" She shrugged "I think there's some soccer tryouts going on now" She pulled out her phone typing away at it

"Back home there were a fights two times a day, mostly from girls switching up on each other"

"They're having soccer tryouts right now, let's go" She grabbed ahold of my arm almost dragging me out of the mall

It was only about a 20 minute drive to her school where I saw the field filled with girls and a tall slender man. Daya parked the car and literally jumped out excited to get me over there.

"Hey Coach Daniels !" She yelled as we approached the field

"What are you doing here ? The cheerleaders aren't here today" He asked as a confused look took over his face

"I know, I just wanted to bring my sister over here. She's plays soccer herself, I just wanted to show her what the teams like"

The coach looked at me and nodded his head looking at me.

"I didn't know you had another sister" One girl looked at me

"Long story and I don't feel like getting into it, anyways she plays soccer herself" Daya said returning her attention to the coach

"Alright, show me what you can do" Coach nodded at me

"Right now ?" I asked

I didn't even have on the right shoes to do anything really. I had on a regular t shirt, some NIKE athletic shorts, and my black vans.

"Sure, why not ? Daya said you played soccer, so show me what you got" He smiled

I gave him a okay and grabbed the soccer ball that was sitting by the bench of girls. I started juggling the ball soon doing an crossover tap then switching to the back heel tap.

"She's not bad" One girl whispered as I kept playing around with the ball

I did a knee hammer then a reverse around the world. I kicked the ball up in the air catching it in my right hand.

"You've got some good juggling skills, lets see you on the field. Anna, come and play goalie while I set this ball up"

Anna stood up as she put her long blonde hair in a ponytail. Coach Daniel grabbed a ball and motioned for me to follow him over to the goal.

"You and Anna are gonna play 1 on 1, you're going to try and score this ball in the goal. If you succeed, I might let you come back tomorrow"

I nodded and grabbed the back of my left leg pulling it behind me stretching it. I did the same to my right as Anna stood in front of me. The coach blew his whistle as Anna took on defense mode.

I moved in on her with ball as she did her best to try and block my every move. I smirked at her as I faked like I was gonna kick the ball. I looked at her as she watched the imaginary ball I supposedly kicked and raced around her with the ball heading for the goal.

"Come on Anna !" Some girl yelled as I felt Anna chasing after me

I kicked the ball as it flew right in the goal. I smiled as everyone clapped for me. I noticed Anna sitting on the ground and I extended a hand to help her up.

"And she's a good sport, you might be in the clear for joining the team" Coach Daniels smiled "I never caught your name"

"Tania" I shook his hand

"Come back tomorrow, we're gonna do some weight training and more exercises"

"Will do"

I walked off the field with a overly excited Daya. When we made inside the car, she screamed scaring the shit out of me.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you !"

"I can see that" I nodded chuckling a bit

"I can't tell everyone when we get home !" She smiled "Why isn't the car moving ? I'm pressing the gas pedal"

"Why don't you try putting the keys in the ignition first ?" I said looking at her

"Oh yeah, blonde moment" She laughed putting the keys in the ignition

After the short drive home, we walked into the home which smelt like apple pie. I looked at Daya as she looked right back at me. We quickly walked to the kitchen to see everyone in the kitchen.

"Hey girls, how was your lunch date ?" Mrs. Lisa asked us setting the pie on the stove to cool down

"It was fun" Daya answered "I have to tell you guys something when we're settled down though"

"You pregnant?" Our father asked wrinkling up his face

"Nooooo, no way jose" She quickly shook her head "It has something to do with Tania"

"Oh, well I'm sure it's good. Come on and sit down"

After we all sat down and said grace, the boys wasted no time digging in their plates. Tonight we had shrimp Alfredo, something I only had about twice.

"So what you gotta tell us ?" Carter asked

"So I was talking with Tania and learned that she loved soccer so I drove her over to the soccer tryouts that were going on and -"

"You like soccer ?" Giavanna asked

"Since I was little" I answered her "Something about it"

"So it turns out she's really good and Coach Daniels had her play 1 on 1 with this girl and she scored the shot. He told her to come tomorrow for weight training and other exercises"

"That's great Tania" Mrs. Lisa smiled

"We'll be out there to support you if you get on the team" My father said

"Thanks"

"We gotta get you registered first, I'll probably do it tomorrow"

After dinner, I went to my room getting ready for bed. I took a 15 minute shower making sure to get the outside smell off of me and slipped on a tank top and some sweatpants. I turned off my light and got snuggled in the bed soon falling asleep.