Vientiseis

Tania Brooks | Nia

I was just browsing on my MacBook looking at colleges that I could potentially go to. I was looking at Texas A&M, but that's kind of far from everyone. But maybe I could use the new change.

Mid way through looking at their scholarships, Janae called me

"Hello ?" I placed the phone on speaker

"Can you come pick me up ? I thought I would have my car, but my mom took it to her business meeting"

"Yeah, give me ten minutes"

"Alright, thanks Tania"

"No problem" I said

We hung up and I closed the laptop. I slid my feet into my Nike slides and grabbed my phone and keys. I made it to Janae's house in 20 minutes since the traffic was backed up from an accident.

"Thanks again T" She said as she buckled up

"It's not a problem, gotta be sure you are or you aren't"

We made it to the clinic and I parked next to the handicap parking space since I was lazy. Janae signed it and we waited for her name to be called.

I looked around and noticed most of the girls were my age. One girl face was red and puffy while her mother or aunt looked annoyed, baby daddy probably don't want nothing to do with her.

"Janae Reed"

We stood up and followed the small petite lady in a room. I sat in the chair as Janae sat on the little bed.

"Alright, what can I help you with today Nae ?" Her doctor questioned

"I came to find out if I was carrying a little someone inside of me" She looked down at her belly

"Alright, I'm going to have you take this cup and go to the restroom right down the hall"

Janae hopped off the table and walked behind her doctor who guided her to where the bathroom. After waiting for about 3 minutes, Janae came back. As I took a look at her, her face was looking pale and she was sweating.

"Janae calm down, your probably just having a stomach bug or something"

"If I am, this is god telling me that I should've kept my legs close and not act grown" She leaned against the wall

It seemed like the doctor took forever and a day for the results, but when she came back it was quiet.

"Congratulations" She smiled

"Hell you mean congratulations?" I wrinkled up my face

"You're expecting!" She continued to smile like a fucking idiot "You're exactly 5 weeks along"

It wasn't even 2.5 seconds before Janae bursted out crying. I have a tendency to laugh when people cry, so I had to collect myself before I let it out.

"Would you like an ultrasound before you leave or .."

"I guess I should" Janae said quietly

Janae lifted up her shirt and sat back as the lady picked up the gel. She flinched when it touched her skin, but quickly calmed down.

As the doctor rubbed around her stomach, I zoned out. Janae is really pregnant, like with all seriousness. Her soccer playing and scholarships are probably going all down the drain.

I wish she would've been more smarter about shit, but I can see she really lacks smartness. Now what she gonna tell her parents ?

Oh mom and dad I was fucking around with a knuckle head 19 year old and he got me pregnant