a dare

"Well we all know that Henry only asked out Lily because it was a dare!" Jasper shouted. "What?" Lily said, pulling away from Henry.

"Jasper! We- we all know that I asked Lily out because I though- think! Think she's beautiful." He said, slightly gritting his teeth and glaring at Jasper.
"No! You, me, and Charlotte were playing truth or dare, and I dared you to ask out Lily, so you did!" Jasper replied.
"Jasper sense the tone!" Charlotte yelled.

"I was a dare..?"
"Were you?" Henry asked, a bit too innocently. "I could've sworn I asked you out because I thought you were beautiful." He took a sip of his soda, trying to act nonchalant. Lily, moved off his lap, looking at him sternly.

"A- a game of truth or dare..?"
"Yeah, a game of truth or dare." Henry said, still trying to act nonchalant.
"You- you told me you loved me!"
"I did?" Henry raised an eyebrow, feigning surprise. "Well, that must've been part of the dare too, huh?" He chuckled softly, sipping his soda again.
"I- you- you don't care? No remorse? Nothing? Are you kidding me?"

Henry sets down his soda, standing up and looking over at her. "Lily, look- I, I am sorry if I hurt you. I- I honestly didn't expect the dare to escalate like this. But, um, I do care about you."
"Four months, Henry. Four months we've been together!"
She started to cry, Charlotte and Jasper taking it as their cue to leave. "You asshole!"

He couldn't believe how messed up the situation had gotten. "I really am sorry. I never meant for things to turn out like this."
"But- I loved you. I thought you loved me." She said, tears falling from her eyes.

"I did love you, in a twisted sort of way. It's just that... I didn't realize how much it would hurt you." Henry walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. "I'm so sorry."
"No- no- get off me!"

"I was in love with you. I slept with you nearly every night!" She yelled.
Henry looked at her, clearly ashamed. "Look, there's no excuse for what I did. I was immature and stupid and I took advantage of you. I'm truly sorry for that." He hesitated for a moment before continuing as she started to cry more.

"Please don't cry, Lily. It's just... I never meant to hurt you. And I never stopped caring about you." He took a step closer, reaching out to brush away her tears with his fingertips.
He took another step closer, his heart racing as he reached up to gently tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "Look, I'm willing to try and make this right if you are. But you have to give me a chance."

She leaned closer to him, aware he could still bring her the comfort she needed. "You- you are such a dick."
"How do I know this isn't another dare?" She retorted, walking away.
"Lily, I promise you this isn't a dare. I really want to make things right between us." Henry hesitated for a moment before adding, "I still care about you, and I don't want to lose you because of my stupidity."
"Don't you think it's a bit late for that?"

"Look, I know I messed up, and I know it's going to take time to earn your trust back. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to make it up to you. And," he paused, taking a deep breath, "I really do love you."

"Really?"
"Yes, really."
"I-" She paused. "I- no- no you cant- you can't do that-"
"Can't do what?" He said, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear. She started to cry again. "You- can't just apologise and- and make it all go back to normal-"

Henry took a deep breath, clearly struggling with what to say. "Lily, I messed up, and I'm sorry for that. But sometimes when you've messed up, all you can do is try your hardest to make things right."
"Our whole relationship was a lie! And you didn't tell me?! You weren't ever gonna tell me?!"

"Look, I never planned for things to end like this. But I was so caught up in trying to win that dare, that I didn't even consider how much it would hurt you."
"Oh my God! You are making things so much worse! What is wrong with you!?"
"I'm sorry! I really am! I just... didn't know what else to do. And I never meant for things to end this way," Henry pleaded. "I actually love you, and I want to be with you. I just..."
"Just what?"

He kissed her. She pulled back.

"What are you doing!?"
"I'm trying to make things right." He said, his heart pounding in his chest as he looked into her eyes. "I love you, and I never meant for you to find out. Please, give me another chance."
"I- I cant-"
"Lily, let me make it up to you. Please."
"How?"

Henry took a deep breath and leaned in closer, his heart racing as he spoke. "I'll do anything. Just name it. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

She hesitated for a few seconds.

"Do you remember when Schwoz made you put on that diaper?"
"Yeah.."
"Remember how my dad and I took a bunch of pictures?"
"Yeah.."
"You let me post that picture on TwitFlash, you and I can go upstairs and makeout."

"Can we maybe try something else first? Like... maybe we could just talk?" He said, clearly hoping that she would understand.
"No."
"I- fine.."
She pulled out her phone, reminding Henry of the picture and posting it.

"Better now?" He asked.
"No, but I hate you a little less now.."
"Look, I am crazy about you, even if our relationship emerged from a dare. I love you, and I really want another chance. Please, Lily."

"Just know that I really, really hate you right now, and I'm only doing this because I told you we could makeout if I posted that picture." She said, kissing him.

He returned the kiss, trying to make it as sweet and passionate as he could.

------------------------------------------------------

1042 words, parts of this I like, parts I hate sooo yk but it's wtvs ig
soz this is so rushed I just wanted to publish something