runaway

Kid Danger has been sent on a mission to calm a teenage girl down. He got to the scene, police surrounding her.

"What's the problem here?" He asked. She was shaking, sobbing and screaming while she trembled.
"Hey." He said, walking over to her.
"Get- away- from me!" She cried. Henry put his hands up and tried to calm her down.
"It's okay. I won't hurt you." He said in a soothing tone, kneeling down so he was eye level with her.
"I- Just- just leave me alone!" Henry stayed calm, trying his best to soothe her.
"It's okay. Take a deep breath." He offered gently, slowly moving closer to her while still staying in front of the police officers just in case things took a turn for the worse.

"I- I can't!" Henry continued to be patient and understanding, hoping that his presence would help calm her down.
"Take a deep breath with me. In.. and out." He said in a gentle voice, watching her closely for any sign of improvement. She continued to tremor and shake. He reached out a hand to gently hold her, trying his best to calm her down. "I won't let anything happen to you." He assured, the sound of his voice still soothing and comforting despite everything going on around
them.

"Don't touch me!" Henry kept his hand on hers, not wanting to let go.
"It's okay. Just relax and take a deep breath." He repeated gently as he slowly began to draw circles with his thumb over her hand in an attempt to calm her down. He took his gloves off, and felt how cold she really was.

"You're freezing."
"Mhm.."
"How long have you been out here?"
"A- a few hours."
"You want a blanket?" She didn't answer him. "You're not in trouble." He reiterated again, giving her a reassuring smile. His heart went out to her; being scared and alone at their age was terrifying enough without having the added pressure of police sirens and officers surrounding you.

"They- they want to take me to jail-"
"No one's going to jail."
"O- okay." He let out a soft sigh of relief, glad that she finally seemed to be calming down.
"Why don't you come with me and we can find somewhere warm?" Henry tried to remain patient and understanding. "lt's okay. Take a deep breath." He repeated softly, still keeping his hand on hers while trying not to push her too hard. He left her alone for a minute, going to call Captain Man to ask what to do. As he turned his back, he heard her scream, and he saw police trying to put her in handcuffs. Henry quickly ran back to her, seeing the police officers restraining her.

"Stop! You're not taking her anywhere! Everyone back up!" She was now panicking more,
sobbing and screaming as she whimpered to herself. It was obvious that she needed help and not jail time.
"Please let me handle this." He pleaded, hoping the officers would listen to him instead of taking matters into their own hands. The officers backed up again, and she continued to sob, her
breathing fast and jagged. Henry crouched down in front of her.

"Deep breath."
"I- I can't! My chest hurts-" Henry gently cupped her face in his hands, trying to make eye contact with her.
"Breathe." He said softly, slowly bringing his thumb up to trace gentle circles over her cheek as he did so. She tried to take a deep breath, but continued to hyperventilate. Henry's eyes softened, his heart breaking for her.

"What's going on?" He asked gently as he kept his thumbs tracing small circles on her cheeks, trying to calm her down any way he could.
"I- l'm- I'm having a- a panic attack-" His hands were gentle on her face as he cupped them around it.
"Focus on me. I won't leave you." He encouraged, taking slow deep breaths and trying to teach her how to do the same.
"It- It feels like there's sand on my chest." Henry looked at her, his hands still gently cupping her face.
"You're doing great. Just keep breathing with me." He encouraged softly as he continued tracing gentle circles over her cheeks in an attempt to comfort and distract her from the panic attack.

"It hurts!"
"Shh, don't let the panic control you. Your heart might be racing but you're still here with me. Deep breaths. In through your nose, out through your mouth slowly.
"I can't! I can't do it!"

He knew she was reaching the peak of her panic attack. He placed his hand under her chin and tilted her head back to meet his eyes.
"Look at me. Look into my eyes. Come back to me. You're okay, just focus on me, okay?"
"I can't." She spoke, scared and confused, her whole body shaking. Henry's eyes softened as he continued to hold her gaze, the light reflecting in his own.

"Look at me. We're okay. Just breathe." He was trying everything he could to calm her down, but it was becoming increasingly difficult with how much she was shaking and crying.
"Make it stop. Please. It hurts."
"Focus on me. It's okay to let go, to drop whatever it is that's causing your pain. Don't
fight it. Listen to my voice, it'll pass. After about an hour, she finally started to calm down After a long hour of holding her hand, making sure she stayed calm and comforting her, Henry finally noticed that the girl's panic attack was beginning to subside. His heart was pounding in his chest as he looked down at the girl now relaxed in his arms.

"Good job."
"Thanks.." Henry's hand moved up to stroke her hair as she finally seemed to be calming down. "Are you alright?" He asked softly, making sure to continue talking soothingly even though the panic attack had ended for now.
"Mhm.." She whispered. Henry let out a soft sigh of relief as he saw her finally relax.

"You want a blanket now?" She gently nodded. Henry gently pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her protectively as he got the blanket ready for her. He placed it around her shoulders, and made sure she was more comfortable. Henry helped her to sit up comfortably, making sure the blanket was properly covering her, He sat next to her, his hand gently brushing against
hers.

"How are you feeling now?"
"Better.." Henry let out a soft sigh of relief as he saw her smile at him.
"l'm glad." He gently squeezed her hand, trying to show her how proud he was of her for getting through the panic attack. Henry's hand rested gently on her leg, feeling the rhythm of her breathing as he watched her thoughtfully.

------------------------------------------------------
1135 words!! four part story coming up now- pt2 soon!!