runaway pt2

"Why are you out here?"
"I ran away.." Henry's eyebrows furrowed slightly at the confession. "From where?" He gently squeezed her hand, a protective urge to keep her safe from whatever was chasing after her coursing through him.
"The hospital." Henry's eyes widened slightly in surprise at the revelation "Why did you run away from the hospital?" He questioned gently, wanting to make sure she was safe and okay. The sight of her clearly distressed had brought a protective instinct to his otherwise relaxed demeanor.

"I don't know.." Henry's eyes softened as he took in her words.
"That's fine. Do you mind saying what for?" He offered softly, knowing it was likely a sensitive subject for her. "Teenage mental health unit. My parents are worried about my panic attacks." Henry's grip on her hand tightened slightly at the mention of a mental health unit, his heart filled with concern for her.

He let out a soft sigh as he looked down at her. "I can understand why you're scared, but running away isn't the solution." Henry shifted his gaze from her to the stars above them, letting out a soft sigh. "You know, sometimes we get so caught up in trying to run away from our problems that we forget there's another option."
"There is no other option. The councilling doesn't work." Henry's grip on her hand loosened as he heard her words, the sadness evident in his voice. "That doesn't mean there aren't other options out there. Trust me." He let out a soft sigh, looking down at their interlocked hands.

Henry's eyes wandered to the stars above them, lost in thought as he tried to figure out how to comfort her. The sight of her staring blankly into the distance brought a pang of sadness. "Do you want me to stay with you?"
"You're just gonna take me back there."
Henry's hand tightened slightly on hers, his heart filled with a protective instinct for her. He looked down at their hands interlocked and then up at the sky.
"No I won't."
"You will." Henry's eyes softened at her words, his grip on her hand gently squeezing.
"I won't. I promise." He said as he moved to sit next to her.

A few minutes later, she fell asleep on his shoulder. Henry watched as she finally drifted off to sleep, the sight of her innocent face made him feel a surge of protective instinct. He slowly shifted her so that she was lying on his lap, making sure to wrap the blanket around her for warmth. Henry's eyes wandered to the beautiful night sky above them, his mind was lost in thoughts about her. The way she clung onto him during her panic attack made him feel a strange sense of happiness and accomplishment. She woke up 20 minutes later. Henry's hand gently stroked her hair as she slowly woke up, her peaceful expression making him smile. He leaned in to kiss her softly on the forehead before letting out a soft sigh.

"How are you feeling now?"
"Good." Henry's lips curved into a warm smile as he heard her words, the relief evident in his voice.
"You ready to go back to the hospital with me?" He offered gently, knowing she needed someone by her side during this tough time.
"I don't ever want to go back there." Henry's gaze met hers, a soft smile curling on his lips.
"Alright. I won't make you." He
promised softly as he leaned in and gently kissed her forehead before lifting her into his arms so that she was resting against him comfortably.

"Did you just kiss me?" Henry's cheeks flushed at her words, he looked down into her eyes and nodded with a small smile.
"Yes.. I did." She propped herself up slightly and softly kissed his lips. Henry's eyes widened slightly at her actions, a soft gasp escaping him as she moved to softly kiss his lips. His arms tightened around her instinctively, pulling her even closer into the embrace.

"Oh.."
"What?" Henry's grip on her tightened slightly, his heart pounding against his chest as he processed what just happened. His eyes narrowed in concentration before slowly letting out a breath.
"Nothing... It's just.."
"Go on.." Henry's hand moved to cup her cheek gently, his thumb tracing a soothing circle on her soft skin.
"I didn't expect you to.." He shook his head slightly as he fought back the urge to pull her in for another kiss. He forced himself to keep talking instead.