sickness pt3

!! Quick tw, needles/ injection (vaccine) !!

Her phone started ringing, it was her dad Ray, it startled her but she still never broke eye contact with Henry, he glanced at the screen.
"It's your dad."
Her eyes darted between Henry's eyes and lips.
"He can wait, I'm kind of in the middle of something here.."

Henry could sense her hesitation and knew she needed this time with him. He gently squeezed her hand reassuringly before leaning in closer, his voice lowering. "It's okay, take your time. You don't have to answer right away."
Her eyes continued to dart between Henry's eyes and lips, not sure which ones to stare at
"Mhm.."

He could feel the warmth emanating from her skin as they shared this intimate moment. Despite the circumstances, there was an undeniable connection between them.
"I- uh"
He leaned in closer, whispering.
"It's okay, you don't have to say anything right now. Just know that I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhe-"

She leaned in and kissed him softly, he closed his eyes, feeling the warmth of her lips against his. He wrapped his arms around her, deepening the kiss. She kissed back, as her phone continued to ring, Ray got impatient of waiting for her to pick up on the other end and beeped Henry on his whiz-watch. He felt a buzz on his wrist and pulled back from the kiss, looking down at his wrist.

"It's your dad again, do you want me to answer?"
"Sure, he's clearly desperate."
Henry picked up the phone and answered it, trying to sound casual. "Hello?"
Ray spoke "Ugh finally, are you not with Lily? She didn't pick up her phone"
Lily covered the hologram of Ray on Henry's wrist,
"Do not tell him we kissed he'll kill us." She whispered, Henry nodded, looking back at the hologram of Ray.

"She's uh, she's kind of in the middle of something right now."
"What's she doing that's more important than answering the phone to her dear father?" Ray scoffed.
"Well, she's feeling a little under the weather."
"So why didn't you answer her phone for her? Surely you could see it was me calling?" Ray said
"I didnt want to invade her privacy.." Henry replied
"Yeah yeah whatever, I'm coming over to check on her, I'll be at your house in 5" Ray said, hanging up.

Henry looked at Lily, wondering how she was going to handle this. A few minutes later, Ray got to the house,
"Ray's here," Henry informed her.
"Huh?" She looked at him,
Henry looked at Ray, trying to maintain a neutral expression. "Hey, Ray. How are you?" She rolled over, propping herself up a bit and picking up her phone.
"You can go talk to her." Henry said, indicating the direction with his head.
"Look sweetheart. Schwoz thinks he found a way to make you better, but you have to come to the mancave so we can get some of your blood." Henry looked at Lily concerned, aware of how much she hated needles.
"Um.."
"C'mon hun this could really help you," Ray insisted, she looked at Henry, then back at her dad.
"Fine.."

She pulled the covers off, swinging her legs over the side of the bed and standing up, her knees buckling from the lack of movement she'd had within the last week.
"Woah woah woah," Henry said, jolting towards Lily as he and Ray put their arms out in support, trying to catch Lily before she fell
"Take it slow." She rolled her eyes at him and held onto his forearm for support, slowing walking out the door, downstairs and to the car. As they made their way out, Henry was looking at Lily, it was a mix of concern and.. something else. He cleared his throat, trying to focus on the task at hand.
"Alright, let's get her into the car."

She got into the car, with the help of Ray and Henry, they drove to the mancave and took a painful trip down the elevator, they helped her to the couch where, on cue, Schwoz walked in, dressed in a creepy nurse uniform and holding a syringe.
"Um, hey Schwoz," Henry said, trying to keep the conversation light as Ray helped Lily onto the couch. They watched as Schwoz entered, dressed in such an odd outfit. Lily sighed as she sat down, her eyes heavy.
"Let's do this quickly, shall we?" Henry said, she nodded, looking away and reluctantly holding out her forearm. Schwoz smiled, his face lighting up at the thought of blood. He carefully cleaned the area on her arm before inserting the needle, trying to make it as painless as possible. She winced, grabbing Henrys hand and pulling her arm away from Schwoz.