caught pt2

Lily and Henry were trying to convince Ray, Lily's dad, to let them date.

"C'mon, Ray."
"Please, Dad!"
"You're gonna have to deal with it, Ray."
"It won't happen. I refuse to let my little girl date some guy." Ray said.
"It's not 'some guy', it's Henry!" Lily said. "Exactly! And how many girls has Henry dated?" Ray questioned.

"You're not gonna have a say in it, Ray. I mean, look at us. We're both responsible and we know what we want." Henry pointed out.
"I am gonna have a say in it, I'm your dad and your boss. Henry is fired until you both agree to stop making out in closets!"
"She's allowed to kiss people, Ray! You can't control her forever!"

The arguement continued for a while before Henry got fed up and left. A few days later, Lily climbed through Henrys bedroom window.

"Hey, you. What's up?"
"Dad and I got into another arguement about him being so controlling!" She sobbed. He held her close as she cried into his chest.
"Deep breath, baby."

After half an hour, she calmed down, and eventually fell asleep on Henry's bed, cuddled up close to him. He smiled warmly, gently running his fingers through her hair as he watched her sleep. It was the most peaceful she'd seemed in days. Ray stormed through Henry's window, screaming over how he knew Lily would be with Henry even though she wasn't allowed too.

"Ray! Shut up!"
"You're sleeping with my little girl again!" Ray whisper-yelled. Henry sighed deeply, knowing this wasn't going to be easy.

"Look, Ray. You can't control her forever. I know she's your little girl and all that but she's old enough to make her own decisions now. I really really like her and I think she really likes me. You know I would never intentionally hurt her. I know you worry about her, and I know her future scares you, but she's a clever girl Ray. She's had her whole future planned out for years. Most girls have, Pipers already planned her wedding for Christ's sake. And I bet you a buck Lily has too. Whether I'm the groom in her plan, I don't know. Whether she doesn't have a groom in her plan, I don't know. Whether Zendaya is the bride in her plan, I don't know. Whether Harry Styles is the groom in her plan, I don't know, Ray. But I know that if I end up as her groom, I would put every single ounce of energy I have into making her happy. Please, Ray. I love her. Give me a chance." Henry said.

Ray sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair. "Alright, Henry. I'll give you a chance. But if you hurt my girl... I swear to God..." He trailed off, not finishing the threat but making it clear what he meant. "I would never." Henry stated.

The next day, Henry and Lily walked into the mancave together.

Lily hugged Ray, whispering a quiet "Thank you." in his ear. Henry watches as Lily and Ray hug, a slight smile appears on his face.
"So.. can Henry have his job back?"
"Yeah, sure." He smiled, patting Henry on the back. "I trust you, kid."

Lily walked away, and Ray turned to Henry. "If you hurt her, I swear to God I will cut your balls off."
"Okay..." Henry said, going pale.

------------------------------------------------------
568 words! shorter chapter cos I couldn't think of what to write 😭😭 send req plssssss !!!!!!!!!