Chapter 13

Jaymis pov

i stood screaming Georges name as he was put on a stretcher with a mask over his face, which i knew he still wasn't breathing on his own, i stood watching as the ambulance drove off with the lights flashing and siren going. The ambulance was followed by another which had Josh in, i really hope his leg is ok and his breathing. I looked across the street and they were transferring Gabi into a ambulance i pushed past a fire fighter not caring i needed to stay with her, once i got the ambulance door the man stopped *Are you close to the girl* *Yes in her foster carer* I said stepping into the ambulance i was not going let them split us up. The journey was short to the hospital Gabi was breathing but not fully responded from shock and was covered in burns.

Once we got the hospital Gabi was took to a ward and i was asked to wait outside while they did the machines, i took the opportunity to text JJ, *JJ, you need to come to London hospital there has been a fire, i will explain what has happened when you get here* I quickly slipped my phone into my pocket, i was stuck i needed to see Josh, George and Gabi but they were all at different places, Gabi was in the children's ward, Josh was in the burns wards and George was in intensive care. The nurse came out the room *You can go back in sir* *Do you know how my friends are they were in the same fire, George hes in intensive care have they managed to resuscitate him* *I will go look for you sir* I thanked the nurse and she wondered off i went inside to Gabi, and was shocked to see her awake, but covered in bandages.

*gabi i was so worried* i said sitting down next to Gabi holding her hand carefully as it was slightly red from burns, Gabi pulled of her oxygen mask *How is George*, a tear formed in Gabi's eyes, *Im not to sure Gabi, hes in intensive care* The tear rolled down Gabi's cheek as i placed her oxygen mask back over her mouth. The nurse entered the room Ive got news on your friends, i intently got up not wanting Gabi to hear, i prepared myself for the worse that we had lost George.

*josh has got 2nd degree burns and got alot of smoke on his lungs so he has got to stay in over night* I nodded and then prepared myself George

*George, isn't doing so well, he is on life support machine and we are trying to clear his lungs, but prepare your self for the worse* soon as i heard the words prepare your self for the worse i broke down tears streaming down my face my whole body shook, until i found myself crouched on the ground using the wall so i didn't fall over i couldn't cope with loosing my best friend he is practically my brother. This is all my fault if i would of gone up the stairs i could of saved him.

I was took away from my thoughts when i saw JJ kneeing in front of me and pulling me up into a hug, i began to mentally prepare myself to tell JJ what is happening i know this is going to break him.

*Jaymi whats happened*

*JJ, Gabis in there and on a few machines and covered in burns but she will be ok* i gave myself a couple of seconds to breathe

*Josh is in the burn ward he went in to save Geo* my body shook i could no longer speak JJ looked into my eyes confused but i think deep down he knew it was George even if i didn't managed to finish my sentence

*Jaymi, where is George please tell me he is ok* I shook my head and managed to speak though my sobs

*Hes in intensive care, we have been told to prepare for the worse* JJ grabbed me into a hug and both of us cried, i know that if George died non of us would cope it would be like loosing a brother. I pulled away from JJ and tryed to stay strong for George's sake.

*I have to go make sure he is ok, will you please stay with Gabi*

*Of course i will but Jaymi please ring me as soon as you get there and keep me up to date* i nodded to JJ and started to fast walk towards intensive care.

JJ pov

I couldn't believe what Jaymi had just told me, how can you nearly loose all your best friends in one accident. I wanted to go and see George and Josh but i know a adult has to stay with a child and i was the best Gabi only really trust me, i made my way through the door to see Gabi she looked terrible, loads of bandages and a oxygen mask. I held back the tears so that i didn't worry Gabi anymore. Gabi pulled back her oxygen mask to speak

*JJ, please can you ring Maisie i want to see her, and how is George do you know anything*

*I don't know Gabi, he is in intensive care Jaymi has gone to him, and sure do you know her number*

Within a few minutes Gabi told me Maisie's number which i put in my phone and Gabi rang her and she was on her way to the hospital i just wish that i could be in more than one place at a time so i could go see Josh and George. I also rang Olly so he was on the way to the hospital to but was visiting his family so it was going to take him a couple of hours. I sat down next to Gabi's bed and she was drifting in and out of sleep. once my phone flashed red i remembered i bet no one had contacted Lauren Josh's girlfriend i used the last bit of battery to send her a text *Hey, josh is in London hospital after getting some burns, i will explain everything once you get here, my phone battery's dead* i placed my phone back into my pocket and all the battery was gone.

I watched Gabis heart monitor line pumping up and down in rhythm as she slept, holding onto my hand, a small tear rolled down my cheek as i imagined George lying in intensive care lifeless, i just hope they have managed to stabilise him i could not live without my best friend/brother. I really wanted to go and see him, i need to know whats going on but i cannot leave Gabi, until someone gets here i just hope Maisie turns up fast then i can leave and rush to see George and also see Josh, he must be terrified too and in pain.