Chapter 19

" Are you okay, Mr. Jenns?" Ms. Walker asked Calvin who sitting in front of him slouching in his chair.

Ms. Walker was patiently sitting in his chair, with a letter pad sitting in his lap. Desperate for an answer.

" Let me ask again, Mr. Jenns. Who was Micah to you? " She said her eyes analysing every movement of his body, every change in his facial expression. Yet, the room remained silent as if there wasn't a single soul in that room. The silence was too extreme that one could hear the ticking sound of the clock.

Calvin's heart was filled with adrenaline, his heart was racing. That question brought back a lot of his memories, even though they knew each other for a short period yet it felt like they knew each other for centuries. His memories were mostly good. Mostly.

"He... " It felt like he will broke right there, right at that moment infront of a stranger. What is that feeling? Why am I feeling this way? I've never felt this way in my entire life. These were thoughts that were in Calvin's mind.

" Can we talk about something else?" Calvin said, sounding miserable. Ms. Walker noticed something then decided not to go further with that. " Alright, I guess than it would be enough for today. " She said and closed her notepad.

Soon, a guard steps into the room and took away Calvin. Even though the session was over but Ms. Walker was still tracing his emotions which were all over his face.

There was each and every emotion on his face but the one which was the most was Guilt. He was guilty. That much she was certain but there was more to it and she will find it before the final judgement.

With that thought in her head. She left with her belongings to her room. " How was your session? " Katelyn, a police officer asked who was also a friend of Ms. Walker.

" Just tiring like usual, how was your work? " She shoot back at her. Kat said," You know like usual. A guy threatened to kill her girlfriend after she rejected him. Held a knife close to her neck and when we arrived he was panicking so we took him down. "

" That must be hard." Ms. Walker complimented. Kat smacked her lips and nodded.

" So, what's the problem with your new patient?" She asked being curious. Ms. Walker wasn't suprised about her interest in her patient because this wasn't the first time when Kat showed an interest.

" I don't know if yet, but soon I'll find it. " She replied as she pour some coffee from thermos.

" Coffee? " She politely asked her friend. " No thank you, I'll drink with you later. Gotta go now. " She said.

Ms. Walker understood her duty and Kat soon left the door.

She then pulled Calvin's file on her lap. Scanning through every minor details. Yet, she couldn't understand what made him kill his boyfriend, when everything was so good.

Why did he killed Micah?

That wass the question which was bothering her. Today when she asked him about Micah, all she could trace on his face was a bit of remorse. If he felt so guilty then what events led him to kill whom he loved.

As minutes turned into hours she was stuck on that file until her friend Kat stepped and said," Don't you wanna go home? "

She looked at her and then gave a look at the file. " You're right, I must go home now." With that she closed her file and pulled out her glasses and placed it in her glass box.

She packed her stuff and then left for her house only to see her daughter sitting outside waiting for her.

" My love, what are you doing outside?" She asked with concern flashing from every words she said.

" I was waiting for you and.... " She choked up on her words and held back her tears.

" Is it about Parker? Is he alright?"

" He's devastated after his brother's death and I just can't see him like this. Even I liked Micah he was such an innocent soul, he didn't deserve what he got. His murderer should get everything that comes in his way. " She said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Ms. Walker pulled her daughter into a warm hug and she rubbed small circles on her back.

She couldn't tell her about Calvin because it was against the law but she knew that this case of hers was more personal than any other.

" Now let's get you inside my love. "

A/N:- An update after a long time. Sorry for this I know it's a short one but hey , it's something. I hope you enjoyed reading the chapter

Vote.
Comment.
Follow.