Chapter 25

On their way back home, it was quite evident that there were tensions and there was no telling when those tensions would start causing problems. Parker was showing signs of anger, it appeared like he would snap even at the smallest thing. But there was no telling as to when these sorts of things will start.

The car ride back to the home was quiet, Parker wasn't returning Sophie's call because, in his eyes, she was equally guilty like her mother as both of them somehow, conspired to take away the justice that he deserved. Upon reaching home, Parker went straight to his room and locked himself. He laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling, he was trying to hold the rage in him. He couldn't understand the reason for so much anger, he couldn't understand the source of it. But it had been like this ever since, Micah's death.

He didn't know when he fell asleep while staring at the ceiling for long. In his dream, he was standing in the park, but everywhere he looked there was just green grass and not a single soul to look at it. There came a figure slowly walking towards him.

A bright smile spread across his face, his hair carelessly flying in the wind. It was Micah. Parker couldn't believe what he was seeing. He was filled with joy upon seeing his little brother, alive and standing right in front of him. He couldn't hold back his tears and engulfed him into a giant hug. Micah couldn't understand, why he was crying.

'Are you alright, Parker?'

'I've never been this much alright'

'Then why are you crying?'

'Because I'm happy to see you because I'm happy to hold you back into my arms.'

They broke the hug and Parker just kept on staring at Micah's face cherishing it.

'I'm sorry, Micah. I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you.'

'But it's not your fault Parker, it never was.'

'No, it was, I know you blame me for your death. I know that I failed you.'

'I never blamed you. I never blamed anyone for that, not even Calvin.'

'But Calvin is the one who killed you. Why are you not blaming him?'

There was a bench behind them, Micah sat there and motioned Parker to sit next to him.

'Do you remember the time, when you got me a bird?'

'Yeah, it was blue canary, I can still remember the bright smile that got on your face when I brought it. Dalton, on the other hand, was not happy about it.'

'Yeah, he was afraid that he might hurt it. He was never really fond of small animals.'

'Yeah, he wasn't.'

'Do you remember how the bird died, because I overfed her?'

'Yeah, I know but it wasn't your fault because you didn't know what you were doing.'

'If I was not blamed for that then why are you blaming Calvin? He also wasn't in his right mind.'

'I know, I know but it's just.....'

'You know he would never hurt me; you know how much happy I was when I was with him, he was the one, who made me whole. Just because he wasn't in his right mind wouldn't change the fact that I love him, even now, I love me.' His voice started to break at the end. He took a deep breath before continuing.

'I want you to promise me something, Parker.'

'Yeah, what is it?'

'You will forgive Calvin and help him to get back on his feet, he's all alone, he needs somebody with him and only you could do that. Be his rock and please forgive him, not for anyone, but for me.'