Chapter 3

Micah's POV.

I was woken up by the sound of yelling. By the voice, I was able to recognise it as Parker's. That means Dalton was either got late or Parker came early. Either way Parker was scolding him and I enjoyed that to a great extent.

I closed my eyes and begin to think about Dalton's face while Parker was scolding him, that would have been hilarious. His face would be like someone had beaten him up.

Suddenly something crossed my mind, Calvin asked me to help him with his English lessons. I can't do that, if he failed the test he will take out his whole anger on me 'cause I would be easy to blame.

The thought of it haunts me but I can't just skip school because of him, that would be a burden on Parker and I won't do that, Parker was already going through a lot and I just can't increase that because of my fear.

I guess that tomorrow I'll go school and see what happens. Still enjoying that scolding I went to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up. I went to the kitchen after doing all my regular stuff. I saw Parker sitting on the chair, his one hand holding his head while the other holding a cup of coffee.

He must had a headache and I just went to his side and hugged him, I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.

He was kind of shocked but nevertheless hugged me back my heart fluttered as it was been a long time since I hugged him.

" What was that for? " he asked still wrapping his arms around my waist. " To ease your overwhelmed mind with all the work and also for what Dalton did last night. " I mumbled in his neck.

He broke the hug and looked at me, " You knew? " he asked. I shrugged and replied, " Yes, but Parker I honestly tried to stop him. It's just he didn't listened to me. " I reply with guilt.

He sighed, " It's okay bud, at least you tried. Though I've grounded him, Can I have that hug again? That actually calmed my overwhelming mind. " he said and i chuckled.

We both hugged each other again and Parker told me, " You know it's hard to raise both of you as well as do my work. " to which I replied, " You are doing really good Parker. "

He patted my back. " I think that's enough for today. C'mon now eat breakfast or else you'll get late for your school. "

School, why Parker? why do you have to remind me of that? I thought but didn't said anything, I just replied, " Okay. " Is at down next to him while he made breakfast for me.

Soon, my breakfast was in front of me while I was eating it, Dalton stepped into the kitchen with dark circles under his eyes, indicating lack of sleep which he surely didn't get last night.

I didn't said anything but ate in silence while he did that same. Parker didn't even acknowledge his presence, he was still mad because of what Dalton did and Parker was not to be blame for his silence.

Despite of so much fear, I still went to school but with some precaution like wearing an oversized hoodie so that no one could come to know and keeping my head low so that no one could see my face.

But you know, the devil always find its own ways to his victory and Calvin did the same. I was peacefully sitting at my seat when Calvin took a seat next to me, he didn't said anything and neither did I, we both just sat there while the whole class' eyes were upon us.

The situation could get any more awkward? Well it can, after our teacher gave us such a great homework to do with our partners.

" Okay class, today I will pair you up and you and your partner will do the project and sumbit it on next Monday. Am i clear? " Mr. Antonio asked. In return he got a unison of 'Yes'.

" So, the pairs are:- Laila and Henry, Fred and Maddie, Micah and Calvin, Kendra and Paul.... " Me and Calvin oh great! Why didn't we got the authority to choose our own partners?

I guess our teacher was not less than Hitler. Anyways, now the point was Calvin and I were partners, I had to help him with his lessons and now our project.

" Now sit next to your partner and discuss about your project. You have 10 minutes to do that and after it the class will be over. " He ordered.

" I will do the whole project. " I said in fear that he will make me do the whole work anyways. " No, you won't " he said in his low dark voice, making me gulp. " I'll be at your place at 6" he told me.

After that the bell rang, signaling that the class was over, Calvin disappeared in the crowded corridor while it went to my class.

Once the school was done, Parker came to pick me up and i was shocked 'cause he should be at work. " Surprise! " he said to me and i looked at him with a confused look, " Shouldn't you be at work? " I asked.

He put his arm around my shoulder and told me, " Today I just want to cuddle with my little brother. " I rolled my eyes, " I am 17 FYI. " he chuckled and I sat in the car next to him.

Once he begin to drive, I recalled about the project so I told Parker about it,'' Uh, Parker today my classmate will come. Is that okay? "

" Of course it is. By the way, why is he coming all of a sudden? " Parker asked, of course it would be suspicious for him because I never had a classmate or a friend before at house.

" Actually, we are meeting for a group project. " I explained, he nodded in understanding. He pulled his car in the driveway and then I headed in the house.

Dalton was still in his room, his music was loud that it would make anybody deaf. " Dalton!! Turned the music off right now!! " Parker yelled once he got in the house.

Dalton turned the music off and Parker then turned to me, " How about we watch some movies until your so called classmate come? " I nodded.

I went to my room and put my bag at its place and then headed back downstairs only to meet Parker on the sofa picking up a movie. He put Home Alone, my all time favourite.

I sat down next to him and laid my head on his chest while he wrap his arms around me. I know that it might sound like I was a baby but if my brother was happy with that then i had no problem with it.

In a way I was relieving his stress. During something crossed my mind, I didn't tell Calvin about my address, how would he be able to find my house?

I didn't even have his phone number? Oh great now I will be his punching bag tomorrow. I sighed 'cause j can't do anything about it.

When the clock hits 6, our doorbell rang, " I'll get it. " I said and Parker nodded. I opened the door and was shocked to see the person standing in front of me.

--------------

Hey everyone.

I hope you enjoyed reading it. Please drop your comments and vote on this chapter.

Date: 22/02/2020

Vote.
Comment.
Follow.