~chapter 5 ~ questions

Ryis followed the guide to Rhaenyras chambers, where her two children, Jace and Luke, were engrossed in their playful antics. The room was filled with laughter and the sound of toys clattering against the floor.

"Mother... what's going on?" Luke asked, his voice filled with concern as he hurried after his mother. "It's alright, Luke. She's injured, so the healer is on the way to assist her," Rhenerya reassured her son, trying to calm his worries. Rhenerya led her  to a chair in her chambers and took a seat across from you. Luke and her other son, Jace, sat beside her..

"Why have you come to land?" Jace inquired, studying Ryis's features intently.

"In my colony, there is a war over food... I would be killed because I am the heir to the colony," Ryis began.

"So, I fled to land until the war is over," she explained. 

"What is it like being an umm... Siren?" Luke asked, finally emerging from his shell.

"It is very dangerous," she replied.

"What do you do as a siren?" Jace inquired.

"I eat, sleep, hunt, and repeat," Ryis answered.

"I hope this isn't rude, but is it true about the siren song?" Rheanyra asked timidly.

"Yes, it is very true," Ryis confirmed, absentmindedly picking at the skin on her hands. "Can you sing it for me?" Jace requested. "No, it's very dangerous," Ryis exclaimed, emphasizing the potential harm.

"It can drive people crazy," she warned.

The maester stepped into the room just a few moments later, carrying a tray with a jug of cold water and a stack of bandages. With a calm demeanor, he placed the items on the table, ready for use.

"Alright, now go ahead and place your hand in the water," he instructed, gesturing towards the jug.

Ryis hesitated, his eyes filled with doubt. "No, no, I'll change," she argued, taking a step back. she wasn't convinced that this method would work. The maester sighed, realising his mistake.

"Ah, yes, I forgot," he admitted, a hint of embarrassment in his voice. "In that case, we'll just have to proceed with the bandages," he said, gently taking Ryis' hand to begin wrapping it up.

As the maester carefully examined the wound, his expression remained unchanged. Rhenerya couldn't help but feel a sense of worry creeping in. "Measter, is something wrong?" she asked, her voice filled with concern. The maester's eyes widened slightly, and he whispered in awe, "Remarkable."

Rhenerya's curiosity grew as she looked down at her hand. To her astonishment, the wound had completely vanished. "In water, we heal fast," Ryis spoke, breaking the silence.

Ryis received an invitation to the court after a day, where she was expected to engage in discussions about important matters. Her handmaidens carefully selected a long red dress for her to wear, which bore a striking resemblance to her usual attire. With four guards by her side, she made her way through the grand halls, ensuring the safety of those around her.

As Ryis approached the doors leading to the small council room, she exuded an air of confidence and poise. The intricate design of her dress caught the light as she walked, drawing the attention of those she passed by. The guards accompanying her maintained a vigilant watch, ready to protect her at a moment's notice.

Upon reaching the entrance to the council room, one of the guards departed from Ryis's side to inform the esteemed guests inside of her arrival. The lords, ladies, and the king himself were soon made aware of her presence, signalling the beginning of what promised to be an eventful and significant gathering. Ryis stood tall, prepared to contribute her insights and opinions to the discussions that lay ahead.

"Miss Ryis, it's time" the guard spoke bowing to her.

She slowly trailed up the steps and the doors opened startling her.

"Miss Ryis please have a seat" spoke the king gesturing to the seat next to rhaenyra. She gave a quick nod and walked over to the seat and awkwardly sat.

"So miss Ryis, do you know why we're here with the counsel at the moment? '' asked a man sitting close to the king. He had hair that looked like a bird's nest, and looked like a wax figure.

"No," Ryis answered, staring at the man without blinking. A siren quality.

"We want to know why you're here being usl-" the man continued before getting cut off.

"We just wish to know why you're here and stuff like that" the king interrupted.

"I-I understands my king, well I came to land b-because there is a war in my colony over food, so lots of people have rebelled, so my mother tells me to go to land to stay safe, because i am the dealos I mean daughter of my colony's leader" Ryis spoke stuttering as she spoke

"Ah very well...we have discussed and we have decided to give you a permanent residence here at the red keep.... But you have duty's you need to do to stay here" the king spoke with a smile.

"What is dutys?" Ryis asked.

"There are things you need to do, '' Rhaenyra answered, taking Ryis's hand.

"Exactly so your duty's would be.
• teaching you language to the princelings
• provide us with your knowledge of battle
• ally is with your army's
• and become a permanent member of our council"
The bird nest man spoke.

"Ok I will do, but I would like to train with people, in  water woman are superior, men only hunt and protect, woman do everything from hunting fighting ruling, it's against my nature not to fight, and I am strong and I can teach you ways of healing , transformations and skills" Ryis told staring at everyone at the table.

"That's ridiculous a woman can't fight and lead it's against nature" a man spoke he had white hair and looked almost ninety.

Ryis slowly turned to look at the man, her Piercing blue eyes shattered his soul, and she slowly stood Bering her teeth and growling at the man.
(If looks could kill)
"Yes yes my lady we will accept your terms" the king spoke hastily. Ryis snapped back to reality and looked at the king giving a short nod before sitting back in her chair.

"One more question, how should we address you?" The queen spoke looking at rhaenyra before looking at ryis.

"In water I have many titles , but if you have to address me by one may it be the lady Ryis prima of the water, prima means princess" she demanded.

"See it done" spoke the old lord obviously a bit shaken.

She was now the youngest and first siren on the kings council