~Chapter 7~ discover

Ryis lay exposed on the sandy shore, her body still throbbing with the remnants of her de-transitioning journey.

The sensation of her bones readjusting and her gills sealing shut was a constant reminder of the transformation she had undergone.

Despite her efforts to rise, her weakened state rendered her powerless, and it was then that the clamor of male voices reached her ears. In a gesture of compassion, they draped a warm blanket over her trembling form, and as darkness enveloped her, she could sense every step as they guided her back to the red keep.....

"Your grace," the serving boy said with a bow.

The king was in the middle of a meeting with the small council when the news arrived that Ryis had been spotted on the beach and has been taken to the maesters.

As Ryis slowly regained consciousness, she found herself surrounded by a group of familiar faces. Aegon, Aemond, Jace, Luke, and Rhaenyra stood over her, their concern evident in their eyes. The first to approach her was Princess Rhenerya, who gently helped Ryis sit up, her voice filled with relief. "Ryis... you're awake. We were so worried about you," she said, her words laced with genuine care.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Jace leaned closer to Ryis, his concern etched on his face.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly, his voice filled with genuine worry. Ryis looked at him, her eyes reflecting a mixture of emotions, but she couldn't find the words to respond. It was as if her ability to speak had been stolen from her, leaving her feeling frustrated and helpless.

Amidst the concern and confusion, Aegon's voice cut through the air, his question hanging in the room.

"Why did you go back in the water?" he asked, his tone a mix of curiosity and concern. Ryis's eyes met his, searching for an answer that she could provide.

"I was going to die.... But door didn't open so I e-escaped" she uttered.

Rhenerya took her hand and stroked her hair to comfort her.

"We saw you change... is it alway that painful?" Jace asked, concerned.

"Yes.... I-I hear and feel my bones crack and few my legs turn into one and fell the gills on my face" Ryis answered

The expressions on everyone's faces were a mix of astonishment and disbelief. The sudden realisation that the transformation was not the enchanting experience they had anticipated left them all in shock. It was a stark contrast to the magical image they had painted in their minds.

In light of this new revelation, Rhaenyra's curiosity was piqued. She found herself intrigued by the mysterious abilities of the sirens. While their strength and combat prowess were well-known, there seemed to be a whole other side to them that had remained shrouded in secrecy.

So while Ryis was resting in rheneryas chambers until she had strength again rhaenyra just decided to ask.

"Ryis... what else can sirens do?" rhaenyra asked, brushing her hair.

"We have our song and we have our own language and different tribes" Ryis answered inspecting the hair brush.

"Wow.. how-how does the song work?" Rheanyra asked hesitantly.

"It's said to drive people to death, it make them crazy and o-obsessed, and when the siren who sung the song to them dies, they will cause they are to sad" Ryis answered walking around the room.

"And we can also smell things, like who has a babe in the belly, or who is going to die or poison" Ryis continued smelling old wine that was left on the table.

"That's amazing, can you smell anything on me?" Rheanyra asked curiously.

"Yes baby" Ryis spoke placing a Hand on rhaenyras belly.

"Wait... what?" Asked rhaenyra placing a hand over ryis's.

"That's what I said," answered Ryis sitting back on rhaenyra bed.

"One moment" spoke, Rhaenyra was shocked and walked out of the room.

Ryis was left alone in rheanyras chambers so she had a little look at some more human things.

She walked over to a small table with a mirror that had different bottled liquids and powders. She picked up a glass bottle and pressed a little pump causing the liquid to spray out.

She was shocked at what it did and gave it another squeeze and more perfume sprayed out.

She sprayed it a few more times before placing it back on the table. She walked around the room and saw books.

She trailed her finger across the spines and pulled one out roughly, the cover read, Aegon the conqueror.

She opened the book and the letters and words confused her they where just scribbles to her and she didn't understand how humans understand them.

She tried to make sense of it but she was more interested in the illustrations on every other page.

One showed her people the siren in battle in water and on land, and how they fought and showed no mercy.

It also showed pictures of a woman with silver hair and a siren woman drinking in a tavern. The women look familiar, like she had seen her before but she didn't think much of it.

After flicking through the pages Ryis heard the door open behind her, she quickly picked up the book and launched it and the door with all her strength making the book get stuck.

"Gods!" The boy shouted ducking out of the way of the flying book.

"It's only me!" Jace bellowed standing up straight.

"I. am. sorry" Ryis said, standing awkwardly.

"It's alright" Jace spoke again.

"I see your reading," Jace said, pulling the book from the door.

"No it hard" Ryis answered, sitting back in her chair.

"Would you like me to teach you?" Jace offered.

"Yes" Ryis answered simply.

Jace walked over to Ryis and sat in the chair next to her, he placed the book on the table and flicked to the first page.

"Ok so this says, Aegon first of his name" Jace started using his finger to point out the words.

"Aegon f-first of his n-name" ryis repeated.

Ryis and Jace read that book until she got every word right and by that time they were both asleep piled on top of each other.

It was an adorable sight for rhaenyra who had the maester confirm her pregnancy.

Despite what the others in the red keep believes, Rhaenyra knew that having Ryis living there was a good thing.

She would be a great help if a war was to be fought, she was great medical help, she was a quick learner and a powerful leader.