~Chapter 23 ~ storms end

he council's dismissal marked the beginning of a swift exodus from the grand hall, as people scattered in various directions. Without any hesitation, Ryis skilfully weaved her way through the intricate corridors, her destination set on the chamber that housed her fellow colony members.

With a swift motion, she swung the door open, causing her entire colony to jump in surprise. "Selro" sit she told them, her voice filled with authority. As her presence filled the room, her colony obediently settled themselves on the bed, chairs, and even the floor, their eyes fixed on her. 

"the queen has ordered me to go to storms-end with the prince lucerys to meet with lords boroth Baratheon, for his support while i am gone.... i expect you to listen to my sisters they will be in charge in my place... do you understand?" she spoke with a mix of Siren and English to make sure they understand. 

Their hesitant expressions spoke volumes as they made eye contact, silently communicating their doubts and concerns. With a sense of reverence, they both stood up tall and gracefully inclined their heads in a show of deference. Ryis, the leader, conveyed her approval with a subtle hiss and a nod before gracefully departing the room.

Making her way to her chambers, she entered and immediately directed her gaze towards the wardrobe. With a purposeful stride, she proceeded to change into a pair of loose leather black riding trousers and adorned herself with a black cloak. The cloak was carefully fastened around her waist using a belt-like strap, which featured a silver ship pendant on the side. Although she had a preference for a siren or a shell pendant, she reluctantly settled for the ship pendant as there were none available.

she left her chambers and made her way to the place that rhaenyra told her to meet. she made her way to the bridge and saw Jace and Luke already there. she walked up and rhaenyra gave her a warm smile. once she was standing next to Jace rhaenyra sighed before speaking. "it is said that Targaryen's and sirens we are closer to the gods then to men" she spoke her hands clasped together

"ryis is a touch closer perhaps" she smiled softly her voice a playful teasing. "But, if we are to serve the Seven Kingdoms... we must answer to their gods" she told her voice turning stern as she looked at all of them. 

"If you take this errand, you go as messengers... not as warriors. You must take no part in any fighting. Swear it to me now under the eyes of the Seven." she told them a guard holding the book of the seven to them. 

Luke confidently placed his hand on the book without any hesitation, showing his determination. "I swear it," he declared, before lifting his hand away. Rhaenyra then shifted her focus to Jace, who proceeded to extend his hand and rest it on the book. "I swear it," he affirmed, matching Luke's earlier vow..

rhaenyra turned her attention to ryis her gaze softening, ryis never understood the purpose of gods... her colony's words are "we are the gods" but she looked at Jace how had his hand on the hilt of his sword before she she looked back at the book and rested her hand on it. 

"i swear it" she spoke her voice soft and she removed her hand..  "Cregan Stark is... closer to your age than to mine. I would hope, that as men, you can find some common interest" rhaenrya spoke handing Jace a messenger scroll . 

"Yes, Your Grace" he spoke accepting the scroll graciously with a nod of his head. rhaenyra turned her attention to Luke "Storm's End is a short flight from here" she attempted to reassure him or calm his nerves  "You have Baratheon blood from your grandmother, Rhaenys" she told him and it seamed to give him some hope.

"And... Lord Borros is an eternally proud man." she spoke a teasing smirk on her lips "He will be honoured to host a prince of the realm... and his dragon" she told him. "I expect you will receive a very warm welcome".

"yes mother- your grace" he quickly corrected himself trying to correct himself from his small mistake, rhaenyra smiled softly at the three "Go to it then" she smiled and the three started walking down the bridge when rhaenyra grabbed Ryis's arm stopping her.

"Hey guys, can you go ahead for a bit? I need to have a chat with Ryis," she said with a slight grin. The boys acknowledged her request and carried on walking. "Ryis, I'm aware of your abilities... and I need you to put them to use. Lord Borros is a critical man, especially towards women in the kingdom. Show him what you're made of, scare him if you have to," she instructed Ryis, who grasped the message almost immediately.

"and keep my boy safe" she told her her expression turning worried. "you have my word, my queen" ryis told rhaenrya with a bow of her head before continuing to walk with the boys. 

With a graceful leap, Ryis mounted Luke's majestic dragon, settling herself comfortably behind him. As she gave the command to take flight, the dragons let out a thunderous roar, communicating with each other in their own mysterious language. And just like that, they soared into the vast expanse of the sky, their wings beating in perfect harmony.

The sky wore a melancholic expression, as if it knew the brewing storm would soon unleash its fury. The flight to Stormsend, just a stone's throw away, appeared to be at the mercy of the tempest's whims. The air crackled with anticipation, as passengers braced themselves for a turbulent journey ahead

As they soared through the sky, the sound of a deafening roar suddenly echoed from the waters beneath them. Ryis immediately recognized the familiar call and peered downwards, only to have her view obstructed by a thick blanket of clouds. The mystery of what lay beneath the surface only added to the excitement of their journey.

"go down further," Ryis instructed Luke, causing him to feel anxious as he cautiously descended beneath the clouds, nearing the ocean. Suddenly, a deafening roar reverberated through the air, and a massive creature emerged from the water, resembling a whale.

It was Ryis's Ägir, named Relio. Luke's eyes widened in shock as water splashed around him, prompting him to swiftly ascend to evade the monstrous being. The sight of the colossal creature left him in awe, realizing the power and majesty of the sea

"don't panic.. he's mine.. like you have your dragons i have him.." she assured him and he nodded his head.