~ chapter 12 ~ just an animal

Ryis hadn't quite found her place in Dragonstone yet; the towering heights and majestic mountains made it feel more like a distant realm than a cozy home.

The gentle lull of the waves and the briny scent of the ocean were sorely missed by her as she longed for the familiar embrace of the sea. The absence of the soothing sounds and invigorating aroma left a void in her heart, reminding her of the tranquillity and freedom that the ocean always brought her.

A couple of weeks after leaving King's Landing, Ryis's sisters returned to land. They had been missing their sister out at sea, and since she was their leader, she was the one responsible for making decisions.

Ryis urgently called out to Jace, urging him to run. They were both sprinting through the beautiful gardens, their hearts pounding with adrenaline.

"Jace hurry up!" ryis shout not even fazed by the running

Jace, gasping for breath, replied that he was giving it his all, running as fast as his legs could carry him.

"Its not fair though..." he gasped for breath "you don't get tired from running" he panted out his cheeks a blush pink as he heaved for breath

The thought of facing the wrath of rhaenyra if they were late for dinner made them both giggle nervously, adding an extra burst of speed to their steps.

As they sat down for dinner, an uncomfortable silence filled the room. The clinking of cutlery against plates was the only sound that broke the tension The atmosphere was heavy, and it seemed like everyone was on edge. The arrival of Ryis's sisters only added to the awkwardness, as they exchanged forced pleasantries and strained smiles. It was clear that something was amiss, and the unease hung in the air like a thick fog.

However, amidst the discomfort, there was one conspicuous absence that caught everyone's attention. Laenor, who had always been a regular presence at their family dinners, was nowhere to be seen. This was highly unusual, as he never missed a meal with them. Jace couldn't help but wonder what could have kept him away from the dinner table on this particular evening.

jace's voice broke the heavy silence as he asked, "Mother, where is father?"

Rhenerya paused, her knife and fork clinking against the plate as she placed them down with a grave expression.

"Oh, gods," she began, her voice filled with sorrow. "Children, Lady Leana passed away a few days ago, and your father... he has been deeply affected by it." Rhenerya's voice trembled as she continued, her words heavy with grief.

"But that's not all... Ser Harwin and his father also perished in a fire a few days ago." Her voice choked up, a lump forming in her throat as she spoke. The room was engulfed in a different kind of silence, one filled with sadness and disbelief.

Jace looked at his mother, tears welling up in his eyes, as the weight of the news settled upon him. Unable to bear it any longer, he abruptly stood up and rushed out of the room, his mother's voice calling after him, filled with concern and love. In that moment, the bond between mother and son was tested, as they both grappled with the overwhelming grief that had befallen their family.

As Jace fled from the room, seeking solace in his own thoughts, his mother's voice trailed behind him, a desperate plea for him to return.

Ryis rose from her seat and hurriedly pursued him until they crossed paths in the hallway.

"Jace, wait!" she called out, causing Jace to halt and face her as she approached. "There's nothing you can say or do to make me feel better," Jace stated, wiping his nose and sniffing.

"I-I don't understand why you feel this way," Ryis said innocently. Jace's outburst followed,

"No... you don't understand anything! You can't feel anything because you're an animal. You love nothing and no one but yourself!" His words stung like a sharp blade. It was a harsh truth - she wasn't human, she didn't experience emotions like a human did; technically, she was an animal.

"Ryis, wait. I'm sorry," Jace apologized as Ryis rushed back into the dining hall, with him trailing behind. Ryis swiftly led her sisters out of their seats and out of the room.

"Ryis!" Rhenerya called out, chasing after the girls, with the children following her.

They sprinted towards the beach and onto a dock. "Ryis! What are you doing?" Rhenerya inquired, causing Ryis to pause and pivot on her heels. The moonlight illuminated the water, making the depths appear more ominous.

"We are animals... we belong in the sea," Ryis declared before pushing her sisters into the water and diving in herself, drawn by the call of the ocean.

2 days later

Ryis peeked over the deck watching the royals board their ship to head to driftmark. Ryis never went far from the shore; she always wanted to be close to him, like there was an invisible string connecting them.

She watched as their ship left the dock and he saw her as he looked over the deck.

The ship was slow, the winds were small, Ryis slowly swam under the boat practically falling. Asleep as the ship was so slow.

She swam the surface near the back of the boat to se if anyone would see her, she placed her hands on the back of the boat and used her strength to push the boat faster cause at the speed it was going they would never make it to driftmark in time.

They arived at the dock and there was a man and 2 Childern waiting for them, the man had silver hair that was cut to his shoulders.

The 2 girls where beautiful, they had his white hair but it was in curls and braided. They where all in black for the funeral of the lady leana.

She wanted to meet them she needed to meet them.