~Chapter 18~ respect

Rhaenrya's eyes widened in surprise. "Hold on, did you just say there's a prophecy?" she blurted out, carefully placing her drink on the petite table. As it made contact with the wooden surface, a faint clinking sound resonated, while the cup's reflection danced on the table, illuminated by the flickering fire

"Ryis hesitated before nodding. "Indeed, we have been informed about this prophecy from the depths of the water... It foretells the union of a Targaryen and a siren, resulting in a child with the blood of both the dragon and the Ägir."

Rhaenrya's mouth hung open slightly as she absorbed the information. "W-what is an Ägir?" she struggled to pronounce the unfamiliar word. the only thing that was going through rhaeneryas mind was what the new age of her family would be like in.

"It's like the water's version of dragons, but they're even bigger," Ryis explained matter-of-factly she explained her still wet hair drying Infront of the blazing fire the water droplets falling on her dress leaving small wet patches on the bodes off the dress

Rhaenrya let out a soft sigh, feeling uncertain about how to respond. what could this mean? she thought the questions running through her mind, what would this do to her family? is it dangerous or would it be helpful and make her house more powerful?

"i hope you realise that without babies being born... my colony will come to land...for my help" ryis explained looking at her lap fiddling with her fingers trying not to pick at the skin around her delicate fingers.

It's a lot to process right now, Ryis," Rheanerya murmured, her mind racing with thoughts on how to assist Ryis and her colony. They were not just Ryis's people; they were her people as well. Rheanerya knew she had a responsibility to support them in any way she could. She took a deep breath, determined to find a solution to the challenges they were facing.

ryis was about to say something else when there was a light knock at the door that sounded at the dark oak door echoing around the large chamber.

rhaenrya sighed and looked to the door wondering who it could be disturbing the conversation. she coughed clearing her throat before saying "enter" she said angelically from the other side of the door.

the door practically flew open and Jace, Luke, beala and rhaena burst in there smiles lighting up the room as they rushed in, ryis stood from her chair and they rushed over to her, Jace being the first person to hug her, but  even ryis could tell it wasn't just a normal hug.

rhaenerya looked as Jace hugged ryis her face holding a motherly smirk as she watched them hug, Jace's arms where around her waist his head buried in her neck, ryis felt comfortable in the hug but he didn't look like it, her instincts told her to push him of but she managed not to.

after a few short seconds Jace pulled away a bit embarrassed that he was so exited to see her. but in honesty ryis couldn't tell that he was exited to see her but she gathered it when beala hugged her and whispered in her ear "Jace really missed you" she whispered exadirating on the 'really'

"where did you go?" Jace asked trying to diffuse the awkwardness in the room. everyone looked at ryis waiting for her answer.

"back to the water" ryis answered plainly her long wet hair dripping on the floor

"why" rhaena asked putting up Ryis's hair a a small plait to stop it dripping on the floor so much.

rhaenerya looked at ryis wondering if she was going to tell them why she had gone back to the water. ryis didn't feel emotions like a normal human but she felt something stopping her from saying why she left, she had never felt this emotion before... it was embarrassment, she had no reason to be embarrassed it was only what she had to do, and it wasn't like it was enjoyable, it was painful.

ryis pushed the emotion behind and decided to change her answer "i was glowing before because.... it was mating season" ryis told with a sigh looking at the floor, everyones eyes widened and they looked at eachother.

"but its not what ypu think, its not like how humans do it....its painful, its biting scratching, its fighting.." ryis explained mostly to jace who looked sort of betrayed.

"and... what happened?" Luke asked like a curious child but he also looked concerned..

ryis was about to answer when there was a high pitched calling in her ear, then the door burst open a guard rushing in sweaty and out of breath. "your grace.." he breathed trying to catch his breath. "there are...things here.." he spat out catching his breath...

ryis hissed and pushed past the guard leaving the room causing the others to folowed after her as she folowed the sounds of her peoples calling. she burst into the grand hall where her sisters and the rest of her colony was.

there was her 3 sister, 2 male sirens and 4 females gathered around the hall holding the lords who were in the hall hostage along with daemon.

they all heard to look at ryis and the people she was with when the door burst open.

"sirota" "sister" eloria uttered rushing up to her sister her other sisters following behind her.

they pressed there heads together like they do in water to signal respect and comfort in the water.

"larot heram" ryis hissed at the others and they left the lords freeing the and gathering around ryis inspecting her in human form, but one didn't.

"why are they on land?" Jace asked a firm hand on his sword.

ryis's eyes looked at his hand on his sword confused about his scared behaviour. "there is no babys being born" ryis sighed.

"were. not just on..land... for babies, there is noise in water" larena her other sister manage to say with her faint knowledge on the language.

"what noise?" ryis asked confused. "noise hurt" eloria uttered her hands on her ears suggestively.

ryis hissed slightly looking around at her colony until one caught her eye. ama, she was found by the colony when she was a baby, she was left by her original colony and ryis's colony took her in and raised her.

ama hissed at ryis and started circling her like a shark hissing. "whoa ryis what is she doing?" Jace asked stepping back from ama and ryis and they started circling each other like sharks. "she doesn't like that im on land... but now she must ask ryis for help" ryis hissed.

then ama stoped moving and lowered her head and puting her arms at her sides showing her palms as a sign of repect and truce, and asking her for help and the others in the colony did the same.