𝗌𝗂𝗑 !

REPUTATION ‧₊˚
chapter six!

⇢ ˗ˏˋ karaoke ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

˗ˏˋ karaoke
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AS SHAYLA AND RACHEL entered the lively karaoke bar, the air was charged with laughter and the distant hum of off-key singing. Amidst the vibrant atmosphere, Rachel couldn't help but notice a hint of excitement in Shayla's eyes.

"Guess what, Shayla?" Rachel leaned in, her voice a conspiratorial whisper. "Tom will be here tonight."

Shayla's eyes widened, a mixture of surprise and anxiety. Tom's name carried a weight that stirred memories, some pleasant, others not so much. "Tom?" she replied cautiously. "I haven't seen him since... well, you know, the premiere disaster."

Rachel chuckled, remembering the infamous incident. "Oh, the premiere! When he bumped into you and ripped your dress. That was a mess."

Shayla sighed, recalling the embarrassing wardrobe malfunction that left her both mortified and fashionably compromised. "Yeah, a mess is an understatement. I just hope tonight is drama-free."

As they reached their reserved table, the anticipation hung in the air. The karaoke stage stood vibrant, adorned with flashing lights and a backdrop of music notes. Shayla fidgeted with the hem of her sleeve, glancing around nervously.

"He's not here yet, so relax," Rachel reassured Shayla, sensing her friend's apprehension.

The evening unfolded with friends joining the table, laughter echoing, and the atmosphere gradually easing Shayla's nerves. Yet, as the night progressed, the anticipation of Tom's arrival lingered. Finally, a familiar face appeared in the crowd, and Rachel nudged Shayla discreetly.

"There he is," Rachel whispered, her eyes gleaming with mischief.

Shayla turned to see Tom making his way towards their table, his easygoing smile sending ripples through the crowded room. Memories of their last encounter flooded Shayla's mind – the embarrassing tear in her dress and the awkward apologies that followed.

"Hey, everyone!" Tom greeted, embracing those at the table. When he reached Shayla, his eyes met hers, a flicker of recognition crossing his face. "Shayla, wow it's so good to finally meet you properly"

Shayla managed a polite smile, her nerves momentarily eclipsed by the warmth of the reunion. "Hey, Tom. It's good to finally meet you too." She noticed his eyes were a lot more vibrant than she had noticed last time.

As the night progressed, the group engaged in lively conversations and cheered on the brave souls attempting karaoke. Shayla found herself drawn into the festivities, the initial awkwardness dissipating. Tom, too, seemed genuinely friendly, oblivious to the lingering tension.