𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 !

REPUTATION ‧₊˚
chapter eighteen!

⇢ ˗ˏˋ new year's day ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

˗ˏˋ new year's day
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE MORNING SUNLIGHT STREAMED through the curtains, revealing a scene of disheveled elegance. Tom and Shayla, wrapped in the aftermath of a night filled with blurred memories, woke up in a tangle of limbs, sharing the realization that something significant had occurred.

"What... what happened last night?" Tom rubbed his temples, his expression etched with uncertainty.

"I... I don't remember much. The countdown, the music, and then..." Shayla's voice trailed off as she scanned the room, attempting to piece together the fragments of their shared celebration.

Their eyes met, and a silent understanding passed between them. The room held the weight of unspoken questions as the flashes of the night unfolded in disjointed snippets.

"There was a dance, and then... we were at the balcony," Tom's voice carried a regretful tone, his eyes clouded with the weight of realization.

Shayla nodded, her mind retracing the steps of the night. "And then we..."

In the flashback, laughter echoed as they danced amidst the celebration. Shayla's infectious joy seemed to cast a spell, pulling Tom into a rhythm that transcended the music. The balcony, an oasis amidst the revelry, became a sanctuary where stolen glances and shared smiles hinted at a connection that defied the boundaries of the party.

"Shayla, I... I didn't expect..." Tom's voice softened, reflecting the surprise and confusion that lingered from their shared moment.

"Yeah, me neither. It's just... it feels like a blur." Shayla's interruption held a mix of surprise and a thoughtful pause.

Amidst the flashing memories, they recalled a moment where their eyes met—a lingering gaze that spoke volumes without a single word. The music faded into the background as the world around them seemed to disappear, leaving only the echo of their shared connection.

"We were lost in the moment, weren't we?" Tom's reflection captured the essence of their shared experience.

"Completely. It was like nothing else mattered." Shayla nodded, the recollection bringing a hint of nostalgia to her tone.

As they navigated the aftermath of their shared night, Tom's regret became palpable. The flashes of laughter, shared glances, and the unspoken connection now manifested in the intimacy they found themselves waking up to.

"We got carried away, didn't we?" Shayla reflected, her words carrying a mix of surprise and acceptance.

"Seems like it." Tom's agreement held a sense of vulnerability.