𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 !

REPUTATION ‧₊˚
chapter fourteen!

⇢ ˗ˏˋ district ATE▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

˗ˏˋ district ATE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

IN THE MIDST OF the whirlwind surrounding her, Shayla found herself in a tense conversation with her publicist, Nadine. The topic at hand: breaking up with Timothy. The emotional turmoil from the recent events lingered, and Shayla knew that a decision loomed on the horizon.

"Shayla, we can't afford any negative publicity right now, especially with your new album dropping soon. Breaking up with Timothy could create unnecessary drama. Let's focus on the positive, keep up appearances, and attend the Wonka premiere together," Nadine advised, her tone firm, her eyes fixed on the strategic path ahead.

Shayla, torn between personal desires and the demands of her career, nodded reluctantly. "I get it, Nadine. But it's not that simple for me. I can't keep pretending everything is okay."

Nadine, ever the pragmatic voice of reason, pressed on. "Shayla, sometimes sacrifices are necessary for the greater good. Think about the album, the image we've built. We'll navigate this carefully, but for now, let's keep up the facade."

As the premiere of Timothy's new movie approached, Shayla found herself adorned in a half-black, half-red dress—a visual reflection of the emotional duality she was grappling with. The glamour of the occasion was juxtaposed with the internal conflict that churned within her.

As she stepped onto the red carpet, flashes of cameras illuminated the half-black, half-red ensemble, a symbolic representation of the internal battle Shayla faced. Amid the glitz and glam, Timothy, eager to smooth things over, approached her with an apologetic smile.

"Shayla, about the other night, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to—"

Before he could finish, Timothy reached out to touch Shayla's arm, attempting to convey remorse. However, the touch felt invasive, a stark reminder of the boundaries that had been crossed at the party.

Shayla, uncomfortable with the contact, gently pulled away. "Timothy, now is not the time. Let's just focus on the premiere."

Timothy, persisting with his attempts to reconcile, spoke in hushed tones. "I messed up, Shayla. I want to make things right between us. Can we talk later?"

Shayla, caught between the obligations of the night and the emotional strain of the encounter, forced a smile. "Later, Timothy. We'll talk later."

As the premiere unfolded, Shayla's mind drifted to Tom, the lingering thoughts of their connection refusing to fade. The glitzy event became a backdrop to her internal struggle, the facade of her relationship with Timothy crumbling amidst the flashing lights and red-carpet allure. The half-black, half-red dress mirrored the complexities of her emotions, a visual representation of a woman caught between the illusion of glamour and the authenticity of her desires.