First day | 001

J O R D Y N

"Jord, we gotta go!" I hear my dad shout from downstairs. "One second!" I shout back.

"Jordyn, I'm serious! You can't be late on your first day!"

I roll my eyes and grab my backpack before heading downstairs. "I don't get why I have to go to a stupid new school anyways. What was wrong with my last one?"

"We already talked about this. You know I couldn't keep sending you to private school." Dad sighs. "I know, it's just annoying that I always have to move schools." I shrug my shoulders sadly.

"I know, honey, I'm sorry. You're gonna have fun, I promise." He smiles encouragingly.

I wish that was the truth.

My dad has moved me so many times that it's so hard to keep friends. We just moved to Los Angeles two years ago and it's been.. okay, I guess.

I just miss when we didn't have to move so much.

My dad's a police officer, so it's mainly because of his job 99% of the time, which is understandable.

"You ready?" My dad asks. "Yup, one sec." I say.

I walk over to my mom's picture and kiss my fingers before pressing it to her photo. "I love you, Ma."

My mom passed away during my birth, so I've never met her, but I always feel her with me. I feel like she's my guardian angel in some ways.

Me and my dad walk out to his car and he starts driving to the new school.

I won't lie, I'm nervous as hell. You'd think I'd get used to this by now, but it's still scary whenever I move.

Once we get there, he parks in front of the school in the drop off area. "Have a good day, kiddo." He smiles. "I love you." I say to him. "I love you too." He responds.

I get out of the car and sling my backpack over my shoulder. I take a deep breath before walking up to the front entrance and opening the door.

I look around and see a sign that says 'Main Office,' so I head over there. The women looks up for her computer and smiles at me. "Can I help you?"

"Uh, yes, I'm Jordyn Jones. It's my first day and I need my schedule." I say nervously. "Oh, you're the new girl! It's great to meet you. I'll be right back with that." She responds.

She seems pretty nice.

A few minutes later, she comes back and hands me a piece of paper. "Here you go, honey. If you need anything else, you know where to find me."

"Thank you so much." I smile, glancing down at her placard. I read the name 'Cynthia Hastings: school administrator.'

Got it.

I say goodbye to her before walking out of the office. The intimidating stares from the kids around me don't help my nerves as I walk down the hallway to find my locker.

I feel like literally everyone is looking at me, causing me to pull the hood of my sweatshirt over my head.

I hate this so much.