Tutoring | 005

B I L L I E

I can't stop watching her.

I hate how perfect she is.

I don't know why I'm so mean if I want her to like me.

She's so beautiful and it makes me hate her.

But I can't look away.

J O R D Y N

"I know, right? Mrs. Harrington is such a bitch." Vicky rolls her eyes as I grab a book from my locker. "At least we have Mrs. Sweeney next." I shrug.

We just had class with who is probably the bitchiest person alive, Mrs. Harrington, and it was horrible.

"I fucking hate English class, but Mrs. Sweeney is nice, so it's alright." Normani says. "Dude, Billie was all goo-goo eyes over you during psychics." Vicky tells me. "Okay, first of all, don't say that phrase again, and second, I doubt it." I say.

"She literally was, I swear!"

"Yeah, I don't know about that. She gave me a fucking black eye yesterday." I say.

Yes, she punched me again.

I'm tired of this shit.

"JJ, you need to stop letting her push you around." Normani sighs. "She's Billie, Mani. I think that's gonna be tough." Vicky tells her.

"I know." Mani says.

"Whatever, guys, let's just go to class." I shrug my shoulders.

The three of us head to class and sit down. I grab my notebook out of my bag and face the front of the classroom.

10 minutes after class started, Billie comes in late, as usual. "Billie, I really need you to get to class on time." Mrs. Sweeney sighs. "Sorry, Erica, a girl has things to do." Billie winks.

"I told you to stop calling me by my first name." She says. "My bad." Billie smiles innocently.

"What are you busy with? Fucking a girl in the bathroom?" A boy laughs and Billie rolls her eyes. "You know me so well."

"Fucking in school? What the hell?" I whisper to Vicky. "What was that, Jordy? Care to repeat it?" Billie asks. "I- I, um, I didn't say anything." I shake my head. "You mind your own business next time, yeah?" She says.

I gulp nervously and nod, putting my head down. "You okay?" Normani asks. "I'm fine." I whisper.

✮⋆˙

After class goes by, I grab my stuff and start to head out, but Mrs. Sweeney stops me. "Hey, Jordyn, could I ask you something?"

"Sure. Guys, I'll meet you at lunch in a few." I say to Normani and Vicky before turning back to my teacher.

"Jordyn, you're excelling in this class. Like, you're at the top of my class and my best student and this is only your second week."

"What? Really?" My eyes widen. "Yup. You're very smart, Miss Jones." She says. "Thank you." I smile. "Of course. So what I wanted to ask you was, do you think you could tutor one of my students? She's failing pretty badly right now and needs some help." She explains.