What happened? | 017

J O R D Y N
The morning after...

I wake up and see I'm laying on Billie's chest. My eyes widen and I quickly sit up, making Billie laugh. "You good?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I nod my head quickly. "Um, I'm- I'm sorry for.. uh, sleeping on you. I didn't know that I was." I gulp nervously. "You're all good, baby." She smirks. "I told you to stop calling me that." I groan. "And I told you to stop telling me what to do." She rolls her eyes.

"Shut up." I laugh. Billie chuckles before asking "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept really good." I respond. "Is it because you were cuddling me?" She smiles innocently. "I wasn't.. cuddling you." I mumble. "I just fell asleep like that. You could've moved me off."

"I-"

"But you didn't, did you?" I smirk teasingly. "Just leave me alone." She laughs, putting her head in her hands. After a little bit of silence, she clears her throat before saying "Hey, um, Jordyn?"

"Yeah?" I ask. "Um, do- do you think you could stay longer? If you have to go home, that's- it's fine, but.. I was just wondering." Billie mutters.

"My dad has work today and I have nothing else to do since it's the weekend, so sure." I shrug my shoulders.

"Really?" She asks. "Yeah, why not?" I smile. "You're not being a complete asshole, so I guess it's fine." I tease. "Jordyn, uh.." Billie sighs, looking down at her lap. "I'm still really sorry about last night."

"Oh, it's fine." I assure her. "No, it wasn't fine. I promised you I'd stay with you and I didn't. That was the one thing you asked of me and I-"

I notice tears start to fall down her face, but I wipe them away. "Hey, it's okay. You don't need to cry." I say in a soothing voice. "Billie, it's really okay."

"I just- I feel bad." She sniffles. "You don't have to feel bad. It's all over now, okay?" I tell her. "I'm a horrible person." Billie cries. "Bil," I sigh. "You're okay. You're not a horrible person."

"You made a mistake and that's okay."

"I'm sorry, Jordyn." She hugs me and cries into my chest. "Billie, you're okay." I say, rubbing her back.

Never did I think I'd be comforting her like this ever, but here we are.

I feel horrible right now. She's so upset and I feel terrible about it. "Shhh, just take a deep breath." I whisper to her. "You did nothing wrong."

"I've been such an asshole to you." Billie sniffles, wiping away her tears. "I've literally told you it's fine multiple times. Stop crying, Bil." I chuckle. "I'm sorry, I- I just feel horrible." She sighs as she puts her head in her hands. "You're okay, Billie." I repeat.

"I'm sorry, Jordyn." She utters. "It's okay. Thank you." I smile softly at her. "Can I hug you? And not, like, cry into your shirt this time?" She laughs quietly. "Of course." I open my arms for her and she hugs me, resting her head on my shoulder.

I don't know what the fuck happened between us, but it's like we're friends. Good friends.

All it took was her breaking down in the car and now, she's like a whole new person. I don't know what's going on, but it's so much better than how she acts at school.