Grounded... sort of. | 023

J O R D Y N
Continued...

"Jordyn.. it's about you."

My heart begins to race and I almost find it hard to breathe.

"You- you love me?" I gulp.

She nods her head slowly as a tear runs down her cheek. "I've liked you for a while, Jordyn. I kept messing up and once I realized how perfect and amazing you are, I knew I really loved you."

"I'm just really scared to fall in love. The last time I did, I got really hurt. I think that's why I've been the way I am for a while."

Finneas gets from his seat and walks out of the room. "I'll let you guys talk." He says before shutting the door.

Billie notices the worried look on my face. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. I didn't mean to scare you with all this. I- I just... can't help the way I feel about you."

"Jordyn, say something."

I look up at her before getting off the bed. "I just need a minute, is that okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, of course." She nods her head. I walk past her and out of the room. I go to the bathroom and lock the door before sitting against it.

I put my head in my hands and I start to panic. I know I like her, but now that she's bringing up love, do I love her too?

I think I do.

Is it pathetic of me to love someone who hurt me multiple times? I know things are different this time around, but still.

But she's also right. I can't help the way I feel about her either. I mean, if I think back on the time she kissed me, she was an asshole to me, yet I still liked it and let it happen.

I don't know what to do or say.

B I L L I E

I'm fucking panicking.

Why are you so stupid, Billie? You just ruined everything between you and Jordyn.

I'm such a dumbass. I should've kept my mouth shut. I shouldn't have showed her the song. It's too soon. There's no way she loves me back. I don't think she'll ever see me like that.

I'm so stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stu-

"Bil?"

The voice I hoped would be Jordyn's is instead, Finneas'.

"Go away, Finn." I mumble. "You're in my room." He rolls his eyes and sits down on his bed. "Oh, right." I mutter. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"No. I think I scared her and she hates me now. I mean, she was just getting used to me. I ruined everything." I tell him.

"You ruined nothing. You were being vulnerable and open with your feelings. If she gets weirded out by that, then that's on her." He says. "Why don't you go in your room and when she comes out of the bathroom, I'll talk to her."