Why am I like this? | 020

J O R D Y N
3 days later...

"Jordy, Jordy, wake up."

I open my eyes and see Billie, hovering over me. "What?" I groan into my pillow. "You woke me up from my wonderful sl-"

"I was trying to make you breakfast, but I don't know how to work your stove. It's not a surprise anymore because I need your help." Billie says, smiling nervously.

"You were gonna make me breakfast?" I chuckle. "Well, uh, yeah.. I figured I would 'cause you've been, like.. so good to me." She shrugs, looking down at her feet.

To recap, for the past few days, Billie's been staying with me. She stays over and my dad and her parents are fine with it, and so am I. I really like spending time with her.

I love it, actually.

We just watch movies, eat, talk about random stuff, and sleep. I woke up in her arms again yesterday somehow even though I didn't fall asleep in them.

But I really don't mind. It's kind of nice to have someone to just lay with, you know? It's like we can just sit in silence and still have it feel comfortable between us. But that doesn't usually happen since Billie talks her head off.

I like it though.

She's so sweet when it's just us. It's like a switch inside of her flips and she's the nicest person ever.

I hope it stays that way.

"You're so soft." I tease as I get off my bed. "I'm not soft!" Billie denies. "You are." I smirk and motion for her to follow me down the stairs.

"Take it back or I'm not making you breakfast." She threatens. "I can make my own breakfast. I'm grown." I laugh. "Yeah, but like, I wanted to do something for you 'cause you're.. pretty." Billie mumbles quietly. "Dorky." I snicker. "I-I'm serious! You're, um, like, really pretty, Jordy." She says, looking down at her feet.

Is Billie O'Connell... nervous?

"Thanks, pretty girl." I chuckle. "You think I'm pretty?" She asks. "You ever looked in a mirror?" I laugh softly. "Yeah." She sighs. "And I don't like what I see."

My heart breaks at her words and I walk over and hug her. "You're the most beautiful girl I know, Billie." I whisper in her ear. "What about Normani? Isn't she still, like, your girlfriend or whatever?" Billie asks. "I already told you, we're just friends now." I correct her. "And even if she was, you're still beautiful to me."

Billie looks up at me with tears filling her eyes. With a shaky voice, trying to hold her tears in, she asks "Why are you so nice to me?"

"Because you're really a sweetheart when you drop your tough guy act." I tell her with a small laugh. "You've fucked up, but I still always forgive you."

"Yeah, but why?" She frowns. "Because I care about you, Billie. I don't know why, but I just do. I wanna be your friend because.. I really like having you around." I admit.

"Friend." Billie sighs. "What? You don't wanna be friends?" I chuckle. No, Jordyn, it's not that." She shakes her head. "I just w-"

"Jordyn, this new shower head is awesome. It has 8 different settings, isn't that crazy?" My dad says as he comes down the stairs.