Off limits | 006

B I L L I E

I didn't like the way it felt when my heart raced, looking at her.

I didn't like the way it felt to yell at her.

I didn't like the way it felt to be mean to her.

I didn't like the way that she's scared of me.

I didn't like the way me and her dad bonded easily.

I didn't like the way she doesn't like me.

And I didn't like the way I liked her.

J O R D Y N

"JJ, I don't get why you can't just talk to her and tell her how you feel." Vicky says.

"Okay, you're making it sound like I'm in love with her which I'm not. I'm tired of her shit, but I can't really do much about it because she will most definitely hurt me." I explain.

"Dude, can't you just go to the principal about it?" Normani asks. "We literally had a fight and she just gave us both detention, she's not gonna do shit." I roll my eyes.

The three of us are on our way to school right now, and Vicky's driving since we're all hanging out after school.

"That's true." Normani nods her head and sighs. "I'm sorry she's like this to you. I remember w-"

Vicky nudges her and shakes her head.

That was weird.

Vicky pulls up to school and the three of us walk inside. We all go our separate ways to our lockers and I start to unlock mine.

"Hey, Jordy."

I hear that irritating voice behind me and turn around. "What do you want?" I let out a frustrated sigh. "Just wanted to chat." Billie smiles innocently. "About?" I ask.

"I just wanted to say you're not as dumb as you look. I got a C on my test, so I'm improving."

"Excuse me?" I raise an eyebrow at her comment. "All I'm saying is that you look like a bimbo." She rolls her eyes. I scoff and shut my locker, slinging my backpack over my shoulders. "Fuck you."

"You probably think about that a lot, huh?" She smirks teasingly.

I glare at her and walk away, heading to Mr. Mitchell's classroom.

I sit down at a desk and sigh. I don't know what her problem is. She makes me hate this school.

A fee minutes later, Normani and Vicky come in and sit down next to me. "Hey." Mani smiles. "Hi." I mumble. "Are you okay?" She questions. "Billie just called me a fucking bimbo." I complain.

"Seriously?" Vicky sighs. "She says I'm smarter than I look apparently." I say, rolling my eyes. "That's so messed up." Normani says. "Why does she hate me so much?" I ask, putting my head down on my desk.

"I don't know." Vicky answers. "It's weird." She says, making me nod my head in agreement.

I just don't understand why Billie's like this to me.