i love you pt 3-Lorenzo Berkshire

Your one year anniversary went by pretty normal. You went out to dinner where Enzo spoiled you, he got you flowers, he got you some new clothes that you were looking at and your favourite sweets. You appreciated everything that he had done for you but deep down there was only one thing that you wanted from him and that was for him to tell you that he loves you. After leaving your belongings in your dorm you two decided to to for a walk near the black lake. The moon was bright so you had no trouble seeing where the two of you were walking.

"I can't believe I got to call you mine for a whole year now" He said with a smile as you stopped near the water. You glanced over at him with a smile on your face. "Yeah, it's been the best year of my life" You told him softly. He came up behind you and hugged you with his arms around your waist pulling you flush against his back. You leaned back into him with your eyes closed with a content sigh.

"You've been very, um, quite today. Did you not enjoy our day out?" He asked concerned. You turned around in his arms draped you hands around his neck. "Don't be silly, of course I had a great time. You're my favourite person. I love spending time with you" You said gently. Your voice dropped slightly at the word love.

You looked at his face. The moonlight shinning bright on his face making him the most beautiful thing that you have ever seen, his smile was bright "I'm glad" He said as he kissed you softly before pulling back. "The moon is beautiful " you said as you turned your head a bit to look up at the sky "I have the most beautiful thing in the world in my arms right now" He said with a smirk as he watched you blush from the compliment.

You knew that you had to say it. Even just this once. Even if you don't hear it back.

"Thank you for everything that you did, for everything that you do for me everyday. I can never thank you enough for it Enzo. You're my greatest achievement so far and the fact that I've had you all to myself for a whole year still seems not real, I just. Really, I lo-" You stopped yourself before you could finish your sentence and turned around, saving yourself from heartbreak knowing he won't say it back.

You leaned back against him missing the way that he frowned. He knew what you were going to say and he was just waiting for you.

"Say it " He whispered in your ear sending a shiver down your spine "What?" You asked into the darkness as he wrapped his arms tighter around you and pulling you closer. "I said. Say. It" He whispered again kissing behind your ear.

"I love you" You whispered closing your eyes. Knowing that you'll never heart it back. But that's okay. Really.

"I love you too" He whispered making your eyes fly open, turning around with your eyes wide you were met with him smiling softly. "Wait what " you said shaking your head.

"I said I love you too' He repeated making your cry out in joy "you do?" You questioned and cupped his cheek. "I do, I love you so much. I love everything about you. I can't imagine my life without you" He said making you kiss him roughly making him chuckle.

"Say it again please " You mumbled.

"I love you" He whispered. Kissing you softly this time and smiling "I love you too" You said making him kiss your forehead "I know, and I'm sorry it took me so long to say it" He whispered making you shake your head "you're worth waiting for" you assured him.

"Can I hear you say it again?" Asking gently he brought his lips closer to yours

"I love you " He whispered out before connecting your lips together again.

Fun fact. It took my own boyfriend nearly a year before he told me that he loved me. It is true. People fall in love at different times.