-Oneshot 7, Healing Wounds🧡-

THE PICTURE ABOVE IS TAKEN FROM THE GAME! ILL LEAVE A LINK TO THE WEBSITE I FOUND IT ON BELOW!🫶

👉 https://rota.as.uky.edu/far-cry-primal/ 👈

THE WENJA LEXICON THAT I USE

👉 https://speakingprimal.blogspot.com/p/warshta-lexicon.html?view=magazine&m=1 👈

Timeline: The beginning of the game to meeting Sayla.

Character Pairing: Dalso x GenderNeutral Reader (R/n)

Quick summary: After the attack from the Bloodfang sabertooth, you, your lover, and his brother have to survive alone in Oros. And with a severely injured Wenja, this is going to be a tough mountain to climb.

USES NONE OF THE WENJA LEXICON

-FIRST PERSON, READER'S POV-

The harsh sun reflected across the red dirt, the ground shaking as giant mammoths stumbled through the plain. I turned to look around, Dalso and his little brother Takkar laid beside each other closer to the edge of the hill, and the rest of our people remained beside me. Dalso gently woke his brother, rubbing his arm soothingly as he got up, watching as the mammoths passed through the dead trees and shrubbery. Dalso grabbed his bow, Takkar his spear, and my kalpa shards while we made our way through the cover of rocks and branches to the clearing.

As far as the eyes could see were giant mountains, plains protruding from them with warm foliage, a mammoth pack sprinkled across the plains. The clouds above created a thin sheet of fog, which made the scenery look ethereal.

Our people crawled to perch on the edge of the hill we were camped on, Dalso was scanning the land while we positioned ourselves and prepared to attack. He signaled for some of our people to leave, change positions in order to be able to successfully herd and trap only one mammoth.

"Takkar. Come," his voice was stern, but loving as he ushered his brother over to him. Takkar smiled softly, crawling over to where my lover was perched. I crawled over as well, setting myself gently beside them, watching them move. First Dalso, and then Takkar hopped off the rock we were on, clutching their weapons as they weaved through the plain, looking for a mammoth. I followed close behind, keeping my balance and watching my step each time one of the beasts moved. Their giant feet shake the whole world, and their tusks are as sharp as knives, certainly a feared beast that isn't to be messed with. Only the bravest and courageous of hunters have managed to take down one, and not without grave consequences.

We reached a rock towards the center of the plain, Dalso set his bow down gently against the rock, scanning the area as he spoke to us. "We find small mammoth, separate from herd. Then we eat." And as if on cue my stomach growled, he turned and smiled at me, sure of his plan and our growing desperation for food. But desperation is a scary thing, because it's when precautions start to go overlooked, and you can get plunged with a stake at any second.

I shook those nervous thoughts from my head, centering my balance and then headed after the other two.

"...mammoth to eat- or we die," I heard Dalso speaking to Takkar as I reached the group again.

"Death is not good," I spoke quietly, making sure my voice did not echo and alert the beasts that surrounded us.

"Indeed," Takkar spoke, turning to me for a second before continuing after his brother.

"There- small mammoth. Be ready Takkar," Dalso turned to his brother, pointing at the mammoth. I crawled away from them, perching on a rock close by and preparing to throw my kalpa shards. "Now our hunters scare with fire," Dalso signaled to our people. I watched as burning arrows filled the sky, landing on the shrubs around us. The fire quickly spread across the dead ground, and the three of us chased after the mammoth, swaying harshly to the shaking ground and avoiding the arrows that flew through the sky.