Epilogue

Odyssey picked the Soulstone up from Wren's hands. 'This -?' she said slowly. 'This is the Soulstone?'

'Yes,' Wren confirmed.

'And we have to destroy it,' Odyssey pronounced.

'Exactly,' Wren said. 'Right now before all hell breaks loose.' Odyssey winced a little but ignored this statement. 'And how do you plan to destroy it, Wren?' she whispered. 'The Soulstone ... almost undestroyable...'

Wren took it from her sister's hands. She looked at it for a while. Then, she threw it down on the polished marble floor. It didn't break. Hardly a crack could be seen. And, leashing out all the anger that had been confined within her for thirteen and a half years, Wren stamped on he Soulstone with the heel of her black boot. It didn't crack. She stomped. Stomped and stomped and stomped, letting the frustration within her soar, stamp them away like she wanted to do with the Faerie Queen's face. The pendant cracked bit by bit as the heel of the heiress' boot aggressively crushed upon it, its glowing lights flickering in and out. The princess was satisfied but no, not satisfied enough – she will destroy this pendant as she will to Nicaea Valdis.

Bit by bit.

Slowly and steadily.

Undoubtedly and with no haste.

As the last piece of the pendant broke into two, Wren breathed in and out heavily, her chest rising and falling rapidly as she glared it down. Her game with the pendant was over.

But her game with the Faerie Queen was not.