4

Before you approach me with any complaints about this story, please note that I am writing it in advance due to the possibility of being unable to post on Christmas day. I am currently sick and decided to write it while I have the chance. Additionally, I recently got splashed with paint at an art event. The mention of Christmas in this chapter is a result of a previous mention of it on Earth. Now, without further ado, let the story commence!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days had passed since Siyni and Mercury had begun to form a friendship. Mercury made the decision to inform the rest of the group about a holiday that was once celebrated on Earth. Venus, however, expressed some hesitation. Mars, on the other hand, agreed with the idea, while Moon, who was already donning a Santa hat, seemed to convey a message of ownership with a touch of sass. Moon and Earth had always been inseparable, but that incident brought about a significant shift in their relationship.

Siyni spent time with Venus, attempting to persuade him to join in the Christmas festivities as they usually did. "Come on Venus! Embrace the Christmas spirit!" Siyni implored. A substantial rope or necklace adorned Siyni's  base, featuring bells that ranged in color from golden to red to green, creating a chiming sound with every movement. Venus grumbled in response. "I don't want to..." he hissed, refusing to be coerced into wearing a foolish elf hat. "Oh, please!" Siyni continued to plead, resorting to puppy dog eyes. Venus's eyes widened, begrudgingly acknowledging how ridiculous the situation was. "Fine! If you promise to be quiet and leave me alone, I'll do it!" he snapped. Siyni fell silent, a wry smile forming on his face as he retrieved a large elf hat and placed it on Venus's head. "Hey, you idiot!" Venus stammered, but Siyni quickly ran off. "Get back here!" Venus chased Siyni until they both ventured beyond their usual orbit. "Hey, you two, return to your designated orbit!" the Sun screeched, preparing to unleash a Solar Flare.

Mercury couldn't escape the situation, while the two others managed to flee successfully. "Ouch," Mercury murmured as he drifted towards Siyni. "Oh dear! Mercury! You now resemble a charred chicken drumstick!" Siyni gasped dramatically and playfully smiled. "But I've looked like this ever since I came into existence," Mercury paused and understood what Siyni was implying. Bursting into laughter, Mercury and Siyni shared the same amusement. "And the truth is, it was caused by the Solar Flares," he added mischievously. Mercury laughed, tears of mirth glistening in his eyes.

Mercury found amusement in the notion that people believed he had the ability to transform. "Particularly the Earthlings," Siyni added with a remark. The two shared another round of laughter, leaving Venus bewildered and astonished. Venus was taken aback by Siyni's familiarity with Earthlings and the strong bond between Mercury and Siyni.

Jupiter and Saturn were engaged in a casual conversation when they suddenly heard Siyni's laughter. They both turned their attention towards the asteroid belt and observed Mercury amusing Siyni. "He truly reminds me of Earth," Saturn remarked, his eyes welling up with tears. Jupiter, trying not to sound suspicious, inquired, "Who?" Saturn, with a slight frown, muttered, "The new planet, Siyni." "Indeed," Jupiter agreed. "He is completely unaware." Saturn was perplexed by Jupiter's last statement but chose not to question it. "Anyway, since it's Christmas, why don't we gather our moons?" Saturn suggested with a cheerful smile, disregarding his earlier sadness. "Some of them. I don't really want to see the others... You know who I'm referring to," Jupiter mumbled. Saturn nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have made the decision to conclude it at this point! I am currently in the process of creating a gift for someone, so I must also make progress on that. This festive season may extend into Chapter 5, as I found it to be quite enjoyable. Nevertheless, I present to you the poem of the day.

Laughter, the source of everything,
Amusing people, making them great,
But behind the laughter, pain may hide,
Loss of strength, in those voices wide.

-MuiTea573 Out!

-694 Words