Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Maaran and Hiccup had landed upon the deck with Stoick and Scullcrusher as they waited for Toothless and Azora to appear and after a half hour of waiting tensely on the ship's deck, Azora and Toothless appeared out of a door that was under the steering deck of the ship, both looking scared and embarrassed once in the open though Azora hid behind Toothless once she saw Stoick. Maaran had to hold back an unconscious snarl at Toothless as the smell of the mating clung heavily to their scales and while he knew that they were made to do this, it didn't exactly do anything to alleviate his feelings of anger at the moment. As they reached him, Hiccup quickly put the prosthetics on each respective tail before taking the saddle off of Maaran and onto Toothless.

Ragnok took a step near them with an evil smirk which made Azora skitter away in fright even more. "I would be careful with that precious Adria of yours." He said making Hiccup stand and glare while Maaran snarled.

"She is her own dragon." Hiccup said as he carefully got into Toothless' saddle. "Her home is on Berk and she is our friend."

"Oh yes but I saw her reaction to me and Stoick." He grinned nastily as Stoick climbed onto his own dragon. "She is still terrified of humans which means that she won't stay in your village too terribly long."

"Are you saying that you will try again?" Stoick demanded.

"Oh I won't do it anytime soon but if it isn't me then it will be another trapper and then another and another." Maaran narrowed his eyes as Ragnok turned a greedy look onto Azora making him step in front of her protectively with Toothless doing the same.

"Why do you want her so bad?!" Hiccup yelled.

"She has a price on her head. One that almost anyone would try to capture her just to get that payment." Maaran felt Azora tremble in fear at that statement and he shielded her even more.

"A price?" Stoick demanded.

"You'll find out soon enough I'd imagine." Ragnok turned away. "Now get out of here before I lose my patience."

Hiccup was about to argue but Stoick put a hand on his shoulder. "We will go but if you dare step foot on my island again, it will be something you will regret." Stoick said before taking off the ship. Maaran went next followed by Azora then Toothless and Hiccup. As they flew higher, Toothless turned around and shot a plasma blast into the side of the ship effectively making a small hole in it before flying after the others.

"Are you alright bud?" Hiccup asked gently getting a glance from Toothless before he focused back on where he was flying.

"No I am not." He rumbled. "You'll get the full story later but for now I need to think."

"Alright bud."

Up ahead, Maaran glanced back to his daughter before slowing down enough to fly next to her. She looked weary, angry, saddened, and frightened which made Maaran feel protectiveness rise up from within him. He sighed as she kept quiet with her eyes focused on the dragon riders in front of her yet keeping a good distance between her and them all at the same time especially from Stoick. "Azora?" He said to her gently after an hour of flying in silence next to her.

"Yes papa?" She answered with a tiredness that Maaran didn't think any dragon could possess.

"What exactly happened on that ship?"

Azora's eyes narrowed at the question. "I'm not going to tell what happened until we are at Berk." She looked at him with those narrowed sky blue eyes suddenly. "You will hear out the whole story before making any rash decisions alright papa?"

Maaran growled but nodded his head. "I will."

/

Azora felt absolutely exhausted as she flew in the air and as the minutes dragged on she felt pain and weariness start to take hold of her wings as she flew. She knew she was exhausted from all the mating and the little bit of eating she did as she had given most of her food to Toothless while in the hold without him knowing but she kept pushing herself to fly and ignored the increasing feelings of exhaustion. She looked back at Toothless watching as he and Hiccup silently flew together in a type of companionship that made her almost jealous before she reigned in that pathetic feeling and shook her head from any growing negative thoughts.