Chapter Ten

[Not Edited.]

Berry's pov

Awkward doesn't seem to explain the situation I'm in right now. The air was tense and quiet.

Layden was just sitting on my bed and just staring at me. I kept shifting around, obviously because it made me uncomfortable and feel self-conscious.

I huffed and glared at him. "Are you done staring at me? You know what, why don't you just take a picture? It'll last longer."

I know, that's old but that phrase does come in handy.

"Alright." He smirked while pulling out his phone and snapping a picture of me, making me huff once more and let out a frustrated sigh.

"You're so annoying!" I turned around and grabbed my math notebook, throwing it at him. Laden bursted out into laughter and caught it before it could hit him in the face.

He's hooked his head and looked at me with a crooked grin. "You're cute when you're all fired up."

I threw my hands up in the air and leaned back, palming myself in the face. "You're unbelievable." I mumbled.

Layden checked his phone and stood up. "Well, we should be leaving soon." He walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "See you around, sugar." After he winked at me and was he off, leaving me with pink cheeks and a pouty face.

I sighed and looked around my room, my eyes settling on my backpack. I had a few things that were due tomorrow, so I should probably get started on them. I do not want detention,

I stood up, grabbed my bag and made myself comfortable before starting on my homework. By the time I finished everything, it was almost twelve at night and decided that I would just take a shower in the morning.

My stomach grumbled and just then realized that I skipped supper. I sighed and shrugged, I'll just eat tomorrow.

*

"Then I was like: I DON'T THINK SO BUSTER! Then I pushed him away with my shoulder, he fell over and I won the Mario Race game." I shook my head at Luka as he told me a story about him and his cousin Silver.

"You're so weird." I teased. He just laughed and threw a french fry at me.

The cafeteria was loud and full of laughter and annoying teenagers. My eyes fazed over each table and door, wondering where Arlyn is.

"Hi!" I jumped up, not expecting Aria, the popular cheerleader, most popular girl in school AND biggest slut to walk over here.

She twirled her hair and chewed on her gum loudly, bending down slightly to give me a view of her cleavage. I mentally rolled my eyes and gagged.

"I'm having a party tonight and you're invited. Feel free to invite people! See you there, Berry." She blew a kiss at me while winking and walked away.

Once she was out of view, I gagged. "I don't think I'm hungry anymore." Luka bursted out into laughter, knocking over his water bottle which thankfully, was closed.

Ever since the sixth grade, Aria has had a thing for me and no mater how many time I've told her I was gay, she just never gave up.

"When is she going to realize that I'm gay?" I sighed and banged my head on the table.

"Whoa there, tiger." I sat up quickly and was met with Arlyn. I blushed and scooted over, making room for him. Is it getting hot in here? My heart should really slow down.

"U-Uh, I'm talking about Aria. She has this thing for me even though she knows I'm gay but she just won't give up." I shook my head.

He just laughed and placed his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sure she'll get over you soon." I just shrugged and blushed even more at the feel of his hand on me.