Chapter Twelve

[Not really edited.]

*Berry's pov*

I flopped down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. Luka came over to my place in the end after cancelling his plans he had with his cousin today. Obviously that made me feel bad because it makes me feel as if I forced him to come here.

"You didn't have to come, you know.." I mumble to him for the millionth time.

He sighed. "I told you, Berry, it's fine." I sat up and faced him, running my hand through my tangled strawberry red hair. "Now tell me about this unsolved mystery."

I patted the spot in front of me and he seemed to have gotten the message since he stood up and planted his ass directly in front of me.

"Okay, you already know that this stays between us." Luka nodded and I smiled. "Good." I took a deep before telling him everything.

"This morning, Arlyn came to class late looking all hot and bothered with a big hickey on his neck! Ugh, he's my crush!" I pout, jealousy running through my veins but nonetheless I continue. "After class, he got a text from someone and I knew it was some sort of sext message because of the way he was acting. So guess what I did?"

Luka chewed on his lip, avoiding my gaze for a split second before shrugging. "Uh.." He cleared his throat. "You followed him?"

I nod. "Exactly! So at this point, he's making his way to the library with me sneakily on his tail." I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. Next, I watch him go into The Homework Room and listen in on the conversation he's having with some other, are you ready?" I don't even wait for Luka to answer. "With a boy! A freaking boy! That part made me happy because I know that now I can possibly have a chance with him."

The white haired, blue eyed boy plays with his fingers as he smiles nervously. "That's good news."

I nod and continue on. "Anyways, this part gets creepy, but I kinda, sorta, you know, heard them have sex." I cover my face in embarrassment, knowing that I probably look like a tomato right now.

Luka gives a short laugh, clearing his throat. "You're always being creepy, eh?"

"I only did it so I can figure out who this mysterious boy is!" I moved my hands way and sighed. "Anyways, my stupid phone goes off, ruining my ninja moment." I curse at my phone glaring at it for a good couple of seconds before staring back up at Luka.

My eyebrows move themselves into a concern look as I stare at my best friend who paled up to the max, looking a bit nauseous. "Luka?"

"I think I'm going to be sick." He runs off into my bathroom and instantly I hear him spilling his guts out. I rush over and see him with his head buried in the bowl, gagging and spitting. Staying by his side as he empties everything he's had today into the toilet, I run my hand down his back which makes him flinch away.

I pull my hand away, slightly hurt that he flinched at my touch but that's okay. I mean, the poor boy is throwing up, who wants to be touched while puking. Though, after a couple of more minutes, he flushes the toilet and wipes his mouth with his shirt.

"Your spare toothbrush is under the sink." I say, before walking out but stop halfway. "I'll also get you something to wear."

All he did was nod, while looking at the floor. I sighed and grabbed a random shirt with jogging pants out of my drawer, along with a pair of boxers I hardly ever wear. I made my way back to the bathroom just as he finished brushing his teeth and laid everything down on the counter.

"Go on and take a shower, I'll be in my room." With that, I closed the door and walked to my bed, sitting on it.

Luka did say he didn't feel well today. I huffed, if that was the case he should've just stayed home. I face palmed myself and grumbled about how much of an idiot he is but he's my best friend and I'll love him no matter what.