Chapter Eight

[Quickly Edited.]

Berry's pov

When I woke up this morning I felt and looked like the definition of crap. I did not feel well at all. My head was pounding like crazy and I was shivering because I'm cold. Sadly, I can't miss today because I have an important science test in the afternoon which is worth 35% of our grade.

Groaning, I stumbled my way to the bathroom, my vision blurring slightly. Shaking my head (like that helped..Note the sarcasm) I jumped into the shower quickly and got dressed, putting on a pair of black jeans and band tee. And since I was shivering like a wet dog, I threw on my Of Mice&Men sweater.

Not bothering to do my hair, I brushed my teeth, grabbed my school bag and made my way to school.

Everyone was in t-shirts and shorts while I was here looking like a fool all covered up. Making way into the building, I instantly saw Arlyn walking upstairs, most likely going to his locker.

As usual, he was wearing a grey beanie over his dark hair, with his school bag hung over his shoulder. His grey shirt clung to him just like his dark jeans did too. Why is he so attractive?

I sped up, catching up with him even though my vision was slightly blurring. I grabbed his shoulder and he turned around, smiling wide when he noticed me.

"Hey, berry!" He frowned slightly. "You don't look too well.."

I gave a small smile. "Don't worry, I'm fine." He nodded slowly and looked behind me, rolling his eyes.

"Berry!" I felt an arm wrap around my waist from behind me and a kiss on my cheek. I giggled lightly, knowing who it was.

I turned around and Luka handed me a steaming cup of pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks with a huge smile plastered on his face. I groaned and have him a hug.

"Thank you so much, Lu." He laughed and nodded, patting the top of my head.

Feeling a hand grab mine, I looked to see Arlyn looking at me impatiently. "Let's go. We're going to be late." I nodded.

"Let's go, Luka." I said.

"Forgot he was in our class." Arlyn grumbled. I shrugged it off as we grabbed our books and went to class.

When we sat down at our desks, I took a sip of my drink and sighed in content. This is so good.

The bell rang and a male teacher walked in, looking to be in his mid twenties. He had dirty blonde hair and cold blue eyes, long legs that were wrapped in tight dark blue washed skinny jeans and wearing a white button up top with two of the buttons undone.

I'm not going to lie..He's very hot. His eyes darted around the room with a blank stare, landing on mine before looking away.

Luka leaned over and whispered in my ear. "You'e drooling." My hand shot up to wipe my lips but to find nothing there. I glared at Luka and looked back at the teacher who was looking at us.

"Is there something I should know?"  He raised a blonde eyebrow, his eyes still as cold as winter.

We shook our heads. He rolled his eyes and went up to the board.

"The names, Mr. Pierce." His silky Australian accent was smooth and rough, a little raspy which was a huge turn on.

If he didn't win the girls-or me- before. He did now. Can I please have his hands down my pants at this very moment?

I need water, I'm thirsty.

"I'll be taking attendace, so please stay quiet." He picked up the list and leaned against the desk, crossing his legs.

"Amanda, Philip..Luka, Arlyn.." The list went on. "And Berlyn."

I raised my hand. Okay, I hate my name but gosh, please say it again.

He nodded and put the list down. "Alright, I'm your replacement for the rest of the year. Ms. Smith has taken the rest of the year off." We all nodded.

"For todays assignment, I'd like us to head to the library. I'll explain more later." I gathered my stuff and got up, losing my balance and stumbling.

"Berry!" Arlyn's arms shot out and caught me before I could fall, my books and empty cup falling on the floor.

My vision was blurry as hell as my head spun wildly. I could've sworn I blacked out for a second.

I ended up getting everyones attention, including the teachers. He shooed the rest of the class out to leave with a teacher that was passing by and walked over to the three of us.

"Berlyn was it? Are you alright?" He ushered me to sit down. My mind has kind of hazy but I nodded.

"Can one of you get the nurse please?" As soon as Mr.Pierce's words left his mouth, the both of them ran out.

The teacher looked shocked for a moment before bringing the back of his hand to my forehead, causing me to blush.

He frowned and pulled his hand away. "You're burning up." I felt myself wobble and hit the floor, my head bursting out in pain. When I opened my eyes, I was in my teachers arms. Normally I would freak but right now wasn't the time. He sat me back up and held me there.

The room was extremely blurry and so were the figures that rushed in. Mr.Pierce spoke to the nurse as she kneeled in front of me and opened my eyes with her fingers, pulling out her little flashlight.

"Follow the light, hun" I followed the light, or so I thought I was. She frowned and stuck a thermometer in my mouth, holding it there.

I closed my eyes, feeling even more weak than before, mumbling lowly. "Arlyn..Luka.." And then everything went black.

~*~

When I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by white walls and the stench of alcohol.

I shot up. What am I doing at the hospital?  My head spun and I clutched it, groaning, feeling the earth spin.

"Berlyn!" My mothers voice rang through my ears when the door opened.

She wrapped her arms tightly around me. "Don't you ever go to school when you have a fever, do you hear me young man!" She pulled away with teary eyes.

I nodded feeling bad for my mom. I didn't mean to worry her this much. She kissed my cheek. "Your friends are here. I'll you give you guys time then I want you you to rest."

I nodded again as she kissed my forehead, walking out. Not even a minute later, Arlyn and Luka ran in. They wrapped their arms around me.

"Fuck, I knew you were sick. I should've done something about it." Arlyn tightened his grip on me.

"I'm such a bad friend, barely noticed." Luka, sobbed.

Wrapping an arm around each of them, I patted their backs. "Guys, I'll be fine. I'm okay." Luka looked up at me with teary eyes and tears down his cheeks.

"Please stop crying.." He wipped his eyes and nodded. After our hugging session, they both sat down and talked about our new English teacher; Mr. Pierce.

There was a knock on the door and my mothers head popped in. "Okay boys, it's time to let Berlin rest. He still has a high fever."

They nodded slowly and hugged me tightly before smiling sadly and walking out. Mother gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving and telling me to sleep.

I fell back and yawned, closing my eyes. I better feel better by tomorrow.

***********************************

A/N: I really tried to make this chapter kind of long. Thank you for the wait and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment.♥

What do you think of Mr.Pierce?<3