Chapter Sixteen.

*Berry's pov*

I ran.

After glancing at the clock and seeing that it was 11:01 pm, I ran.

I felt the tears gather in my eyes as I remembered what he said before he left. "Goodbye, Strawberry."

He's an ass. He's selfish, he broke my heart, yet I can't do it. I can't let him go. He means too much to me.

So I ran.

I ran for my past, for all the memories we got to share with each other. For my present, the emotions he's able to make me feel. For my future, for the memories and emotions I want him to make me feel.

So I ran.

The airport is an hour away, there was no way I was going to make it.

I stopped.

I pulled out my phone and quickly fumbled around to call a cab. In minutes it arrived and I was in my way. My eyes glued to the window, my finger tapping against my thigh and my heart pumping at an abnormal rate.

11:36

Drive faster, please drive faster.

11:47

I'm going to miss him, I'm going to be too late.

11:50

I swear to god I'm about to take over and drive this piece of shit myself.

11:58

The second we arrived, I threw random bills at him and ran straight into the airport. I knew I was being stared at, by the way I was stumbling over my feet and bumping into people. But there wasn't a care given.

11:59

Please don't be gone.

12:00

I froze as I heard the clock go off, a horrible reminder that I was too late. I was seconds away from the gate, seconds away to bring him back to me.

I finally let the tears fall as I collapsed onto a chair, burying my face in my hands.

How could I? Why couldn't I just open up the letter earlier? Why couldn't I just have given them, him, another chance? Why am I so pathetic?

"You're lucky I missed my flight."

It couldn't be..Have I already gotten to the point where I'm gearing him?

"Are you going to look up or what?"

Slowly, I raised my head. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was standing right in front of me, wearing his go to lazy outfit. His grey joggers and a loose T-shirt. Suitcase in one hand while the other rested on his hip with an eyebrow arched.

Without thinking, I jumped up and engulfed him in my arms as I began to sob. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

Arlyn immediately wrapped his arms around me, burying his face in my hair. "Don't be." He shook his head. "We all know it was my fault."

I pulled away and wipes the years away. "I know I'm a fool for running to you but you can't just leave. You can't turn your back on everything." I clenched my fists. "You can't turn your back on me."

"How could I not? I hurt you, Berry. It's unforgivable." He bit his lip and looked away.

I grabbed his hand. "I don't care. You're the only pain I want to feel." I shook my head. "That sounds weird..I just..you..I hate you."