Chapter Two

*Dedicated To LiamJo. I shall give you a proper dedication when I go on my laptop. c':*

Berry's pov

I can't sleep.

I can't sleep knowing that the boy who saved my life is dead or not.

I can't sleep knowing I was almost killed.

I can't sleep knowing that, that murderer is still out there. That murderer who kidnaps their prey and kills them after he's done with them.

All I keep doing is twisting and turning. Look at the time. Twist and turn. Look at the time.

And to only see that a minute has gone by.

Only a damn minute.

Such a long and restless night. I just want the sun to rise so I can make my way to the hospital and see of I can see this boy.

He surely looked older than me.

He was tall, black hair. That's all I saw before he attacked that man..No..That monster.

What would have happened if I wasn't able to escape that monster. Would I be held captive at the moment? Obviously. Would I be tortured? Most likely. Would I be out of the country? Possibly. Dead? Maybe.

He probably took one's innocence. Something we decide to hold onto until we give it away. Or until its been snatched out of our hands.

How can people be so cruel? How..

I heard my phone go off for the millionth time on my nightstand.

Should I even answer the text message?

Though it could be Luka wondering if I'm alright. My mom called his parents last night a little after we arrived home from the police station.

They blame themselves for it. For not convincing me enough to take the ride home.

But they shouldn't blame themselves. It was my decision. My mistake.

In the end, I ended up reaching for my phone. And sure enough it was Luka.

'Oh my gosh, are you alright?'

'Berry, answer me! I'm worried..'

'Please text me, Bear'

And so on but this text he sent me this morning did manage to put a smile on my face.

'I know you're not going to school today. So I'm coming over in a few minutes with your favorite vanilla coffee, I got you a large! And a box of donuts. After that, we're gonna go on a little adventure and find that mystery man that saved you! xo'

This is why he's my best friend.

The doorbell rang.

"Oh hi, Luka dear! Berlyn is upstairs."

Ugh, that name.

"Thank you mrs. Verona."

Pulling my lazy and upset self to a sitting position my door opened and a white blonde head popped in.

Luka gave me a warn smile, his green-blue eyes shining softly and closed the door behind him with his foot and marched his way over to me.

"Here is your vanilla coffee, my dear friend. Now please tell me what happened! My parents didn't want to worry me."

I sighed and nodded.

After explaining to him what happened, he quickly engulfed me into a hug.

"From now on you're getting a lift from us or I'm walking you home. Do you hear me?"

I rolled my eyes playfully and took a sip of me coffee.

Luka is such a caring person. We met in the second grade, our teacher placed us together for a project. We had so much in common and surprisingly, our parents knew each other. Ever since then we've been close.

We tell each other just about everything.

"So" Luka said crossing his legs and taking a sip of his vanilla coffee. "Was your hero attractive?"

I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"I didn't get much of a look at him ya know. I was too busy freaking out at the moment."

Luka pouted and took a big bite from his donut.

You see, Luka's gay.

I was the first person he told. He was so happy and relieved that I didn't judge him for who he is.

Then about a year later, I came out to him as gay too. Which of course he didn't mind.

We were each others first kiss.

As you can see, Luka and I are really close.

"You seem deep in thought." He said putting his coffee down and crossing his arms.

"Just thinking about us, really." He smiled softly at that and kissed my cheek.

There's nothing behind this really. He's just a very affectionate person.

"Shall we get a move on?" I nodded and got up, heading to my drawer. I peeled my boxer briefs off and replaced them with a clean pair.

It's not like Luka and I have never seen each other naked before.

After I was cleaned and dressed, Luka and I made our way to the hospital and to the main desk.

"Hi, may I help you?" The blonde secretary asked me.

"I'm looking for a boy that came in yesterday night. He was..uh..stabbed." I said nibbling on my lip.

"Oh yes! Are you family?" She asked me.

"No.."

"Then I'm afraid you can't see him. I'm sorry." She smiled apologetically.

"Look, this boy helped me. I just need to thank him." I pleaded.

The woman looked at me and Luka before sighing.

"Alright..Arlyn Stone is in room D123."

After I thanked her, Luka and I rushed to the room.

D120..D121..D122..D123. Bingo!

"I'll wait out here." Luka said, smiling at me before taking a seat.

I nodded and knocked on the door before opening it.

*********************************

(A/N): And done c': Please vote and comment! Thanks cx