Chapter Three

Dedicated To Hesinmy_closet, Because He's Fantabulous c': ~DeDe

Berry's pov

I was met with a pair of astonishing grey eyes. They brightened up when they landed on my plain hazel ones, a small gentle smile making its way on his face.

"Hi. You're alright." He said, sitting up.

"Yea, I just want to thank you."

His smile softened. "You're welcome."

"Um..I guess that's it..uh." I blushed not knowing what to say or what to do..

"You're going to go before telling me your name?" He smirked playfully and folded his arms. "How rude."

I blushed more and cleared my throat. "I'm Berry."

He nodded. "Arlyn. Is your name short for something?" He asked curiously.

His name sounded familiar..

"Yea. But I hate my name..So I shortened it." I said shrugging

"I see." He nodded again.

I shifted from one feet to another, nibbling on my lip deciding what I can do.

"I should really get going. It was nice meeting you." I gave Arlyn a quick smile and rushed out the door.

But not before hearing..

Arlyn's pov

"Bye strawberry."

He's just the cutest thing. I thought. He reminds me of a strawberry with his red hair and his hazel eyes with little specks of green.

He hasn't changed. Except for his hair color. This makes smile because he kept his promise and dyed his hair like I told him to.

I'm a little shocked that he doesn't remember me though. But I'm not surprised. I haven't seen him for eleven years, he's grown so much-Of course.

We used to be close friends when we were younger. Until my parents and I had to move because of my mom's job.

That day upset us so much; having to be separated. We were like peanut butter and jelly.

But luckily, we just moved back here from Australia a few days ago. Mom quit her job and decided it was time to come back. I was excited.

And just like I promised Berry, I was going to come back.

I wouldn't have thought that my first time seeing him would be him being chased by a psycho.

It wasn't a pleasureable sight to see. I was terrified myself to see him in that position..I just had to do something. At first I didn't realize it was him. But when he leaned over and told me everything was going to be fine, I remembered him instantly. 

I just want to hurry up and get out of here so I can surprise visit him. I just hope he still lives where he used to. But even if not, we'll be going to the same school. Same grade and everything. If I'm lucky enough we'll  have most classes together.

The door opened revealing my mother. Her Chestnut colored hair was tired back into a ponytail. She was wearing a white vintage style floral shirt with a light Brown pencil skirt. My mom's a petite lady but she can be feisty, trust me.

"Oh sweetheart, how are you feeling today? They said you might be able to leave in a few hours, fastest tomorrow morning." She tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and licked her thumb. "Ugh, you have something on your face."

I pulled her hand away. "Mom, I'm fine! I'll get it off myself, where is it? Mooooom!" I rushed out and whined as she wipped her thumb under my eye.

"There!" She smiled, her grey eyes lighting up. I got my moms eyes and her hair color, which I dyed a dark blue.

I pouted as she still stood there smiling down at me. "Oh sweet cakes, get used to it. I'm your mother, its my job to do things like that." Huffing, I crossed my arms and continued to pout but instantly brightened up as she pulled out a bag of fuzzy peaches.

She tossed the bag to me which I quickly began to eat quickly. "You're welcome!" She said smiling brightly. Nodding a thanks I gave her the empty package and cleared my throat.

"I saw Berlyn today." I told my mom, getting comfortable on the bed.

She instantly brightened up even more. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yea, he's the one I saved"

She smiled sadly but proudly at me. "That boy better be careful, but honey bun, that was very brave of you. I know I keep telling you that, but" She waved her hands in front of her eyes as her eyes started to water. "Momma's proud of her boy."

I couldn't help but smile at my mom. I just love her, I wouldn't know what to do without her.

She pulled me into her arms and whispered how much she loved me into my ear. I hugged her back telling her I loved her too.

*

"It's good to be back home!" I shouted with my arms out in the air. "Gosh, I hate hospitals I said as I made my way to the kitchen. "They have terrible food!" Opening the cupboard I pulled out a bag of chips and started eating from the bag.

"Aryl, get a bowl." She tied her hair in a quick bun and pecked me on the cheek. "Mommas gotta go, I'm going to meet up with a friend." She rushed out of the kitchen quickly and went out the door.

"Bye!" I said as the door closed.

Now what am I going to do..Maybe I can visit Berry. You know what? That's exactly what I'm going to do.

Putting down the bag I'd chips, my eyes caught the time and thats when I knew I couldn't visit him. It's 8:47pm. I'll just see him at school tomorrow.

I honestly can't wait to see him.

*********************************

A/N: This is slowly becoming one of my favorite stories c: Please vote and comment c: