Chapter One

Berry's pov

Walking in the park down the path is pretty scary at night. Luka's parents offered to drive me home because it's late and dark outside but I declined the offer. I didn't live that far, so I figured I'd walk. But they tried persuading me into letting them since there's a kidnapper on the loose. But I told them I would be fine.

I know I would.

A gush of wind made the swings move, making me shiver and jump up at the sound of clinging metal. Okay, so maybe I should have taken the lift.

I looked down and walked faster biting my lip, hoping to be home as soon as possible.

I heard footsteps far off, getting louder as I walked towards them. I debated if I should look up or not. But curiosity got the best of me.

I looked up and saw a figure walking in my direction. It seemed to be a man. As he got closer I was able to get a better look at him. Shaggy brown hair, dark eyes. Wearing a sweater and a pair of loose jeans.

When we got closer, he looked me up and down. Eyeing me curiously. A small smirk played at his lips, but I paid no attention to it.

When he passed by me, his shoulder brushed against mine, making me stumble slightly.

Rude.

I paid no attention at another sound of footsteps and kept walking.

I gasped as someone wrapped an arm around waist and placed a hand on my mouth. I tried to scream but I was in too much shock.

He removed his arm from my waist and in a blink of an eye a knife was placed near my neck. The cooling metal gently touching my chilled skin. My eyes widened and I started to shake of fright. He lowered his mouth to my ear.

"You shouldn't be walking alone in the dark you know. Things can happen." He chuckled bitterly. "I won't have to hurt you if you listen to me, kid." His hand that held the knife lowered and went under my shirt, the metal gently scrapping against my skin. His other hand now wrapped around my neck.

I shivered as my eyes watered.  

"N-no..No!" Finally finding my voice and strength, I elbowed him in the stomach and ran out of his hands as his grip loosened.

I ran as quickly as I could and out of the park, running into a quiet neighbourhood. I tried yelling an audible help me, but I couldn't.

"You're dead kid!" I heard his footsteps gaining up to me. Next thing I know, I'm roughly pushed onto the grass, with the killer straddling my lap.

"If only you listened!" He raised his arm with the weapon held tight in his hand. This time I screamed.

Loud.

"Get away from him!" Just as I was about to be pierced by the knife, the killer went flying off my lap as a body flung at it. I gasped and scrawled up quickly.

The killer struggled against the stranger as the stranger held him tight.

"Call the police!" The stranger said quickly as he pinned the killer to the ground. As I reached for my phone, I heard a grunt and the sound of footsteps. I looked up to see the stranger holding his side and the killer running away.

I ran towards the guy laying on the ground, moaning painfully.

"It's gonna be okay." I whimpered. I dialled 9-1-1, hoping they'd be here soon. I placed my hand on his helping him put pressure on the wound. At this point I didn't care that I was getting blood on myself, this guy saved my life.

I heard the sound of sirens and sure enough they were turning the corner coming towards us.

When they finally reached us, they pulled out a stretcher and quickly lifted the stranger onto it.

A police officer came over to me and asked me what went on. As I opened my mouth, my eyes watered and I let out a sob. I covered my mouth and closed my eyes.

I'm scared. I was so scared.

I almost died today.

The officer wrapped her arms around me and led me to her car, where I got in. Driving us to the police station.

When we arrived, they asked me to give them my parents number so they can contact them as I spoke to another police officer and told them everything they needed to know.

After my statement, they brought me to my parents. And when my mom wrapped her arms around me, I burst into a new round of tears.

I almost died today.. 

*********************************** 

A/N: Hope you liked it. Please vote & Comment. First person who comments gets a dedication. So when you comment (First person) Tell me you voted. Thanks~cx