Chapter Thirteen

[Quickly Edited.]

*Berry's pov*

10:15am was shown in big bright red numbers on my digital alarm clock.

Don't ask me why I'm up so early on a Saturday. Okay, I'm just kidding, ask me why. Why are you awake at such a terrifying hour, you fabulous piece of ass? Well, simply because I'm going to go visit Luka.

The two of us haven't hung out one on one in a while. Even though he did come over two days ago but that was such a long time ago. But! He was sick so I don't really count that.

First things first, I need to shower. Then I need to wrap up some of my mom's homemade cookies she made yesterday. Lastly, I need to go to the movie store and rent out some movies for us, ft. a bunch of junk food.

*
After washing myself, I picked out a simple outfit for a relaxing day. My plain grey T-shirt, dark wash skinny jeans and black converse. Not wanting to do my hair today, I just slip on my black beanie to top everything off.

Checking myself out in the mirror, I shrugged and walked away with a
'I guess this can do for today.' Rushing downstairs and into the kitchen, I walk over to cupboard to pull out a Ziploc.

Doing this quickly without my mother noticing, I cram five cookies into the little plastic baggie before grabbing the jar full of cookies and rushing off with it.

Victory is mine! I do my happy dance by the door. "You're freaking great, oh yes you are. You are a ninja and a fucking golden star!"

"Berlyn, why do I have the feeling that you're trying to walk away with the jar of cookies?" My dance comes to an end as my eyes widen like saucers, hearing my mothers footsteps coming.

"Oh hell to the no, Shaniqua Laquanda Mothershanqua!" I quickly open the door and spot my mother coming down the stairs, keeping her eyes on me, following my every move.

"BYE BYE FELICIA! MWHAHAHAHAHA, VICTORY TASTE LIKE COOKIES!" And with that, I slam the door shut, run to the car, start it quickly and leave.

Once I stop at a red light, I turn to the jar of cookies on the passengers seat. "Guess what?"

I turn the radio on and the perfect song is playing. I always knew that cookies and I were always meant to be together.

"I really really really really really really like you!" I shout, making my way towards the movie store where I picked up a couple of movies. Some romance and some comedy.

My phone rings and I pull over to the side, answering it without checking who it is. "Hello, this is Berry the fabu-"
"You are so grounded, mister!" I tear the phone away from my ear, my own mother is trying to make my ear fall off.

I pout. "But maaaaaa!" I whine."Poor Luka needs some cheering up and I thought my lovely, young mother's cookies would do the trick!"

After a couple of minutes of silence on her end, she speaks up. "Fine. But that's only because you called me young!" She sighs. "I'm so old." She whispers to herself.

"Do you need to watch The Titanic right now with a jar of ice cream?" I coo into the phone, knowing my mom loves doing that when she's on her own.

"That's a great idea!" I can hear her clapping her hands excitedly. "You're still not my favourite child in the world though but I do put up with you, so I deserve this." I huff.

"That's the last time I'm ever calling you, young again!" I tease, knowing that always aggrevates her.

Mama bear growled. "BERLYN SKY HIE-"