Chapter Fifteen

[Not Edited.]

*Berry's pov*
Two weeks later

It has only been a few day since I was awake and the first thing I saw was Luka's face. He kept apologizing to me and I didn't know why but after a few hours later everything hit me, hard. Which sent me into a coma for another week and sadly, his face was once again the face I saw when I woke up.

I screamed, I yelled, I shouted at him. I wanted, no, I needed him to leave and to be out of my life as well as Arlyn.

My mother was happy to see me awake, she kept on telling me that she loved and that she's never going to leave my side again. My aunt too.

Layken was ecstatic once his eyes met mine. He rushed over and engulfed me into his arms. With him was his boyfriend who he has been dating for about a week now.

"When do you get out of here?" He asked, intertwining his fingers with his boyfriends who blushed slightly.

I yawned, leaning back. "They're going to do a few more check ups on me and if everything is fine, I get to leave tomorrow."

I was now able to breathe on my own without the help of the machine and my ankle was healing nicely. I'm still going to need to have crutches but I won't need them for long.

My body was still sore of course but I feel good. I honestly can't wait to go back home and eat all the junk food I've been missing out.

The door opened and my mother came in with a grin on her face. "I was able to convince the doctor to let you out tonight if everything is fine."

"That's awesome!" Layken grinned as well as his boyfriend.

*

"HOME SWEET HOME!" On crutches, I walked through the front door and made my way to the kitchen so I can snack on whatever junk food we have.

I grabbed a bag of chips and a can of coke, sitting down at the table and began to stuff my face.

"Sweetie, I invited Luka and Arlyn over for dinner tonight. We all want to welcome you back home and to have a healthy recovery!"

I choked on my coke I was swallowing causing ma to rush over to me. "Honey what's wrong?"

After a couple of breaths, I cleared my throat. "That's not necessary. We can just have dinner together."

"Too late, they'll be here in an hour. Until then, go freshen up as I start preparing the food." She playfully winked at me and grabbed her apron, tying it on.

Sighing, I made my way upstairs which was very difficult but nonetheless continued to do what my mother told me to do.

Taking a shower felt great, it felt so good and relaxing that my mother came to the door, telling me that they were here and that she needed to pick something up at the gas station.

Groaning, I quickly shut the shower off and wrapped a towel around my waist. Limping slowly to my room, I froze midway when I saw them sitting on my bed.

"Get out, I'm changing." I ignored their gazes and heard them get up quickly, closing my door. I leaned back against my closet doors, trying to control my breathing as my heart was speeding up.

Breathe Berry, no need to have a panic attack. It's not like those two backstabbed you and almost killed you- even though it was partially my fault but if they didn't do what they did. None of this would be happening right now.

Unintentionally collapsing onto the floor, I gripped the left side of my chest. Breathing was becoming a struggle.

I thought that I might've been able to handle this. To pretend to be okay with them here for my mothers sake but of course I couldn't. How could I face them? After everything they did I want nothing to do with them.