Thirty-Two

The after party is just as mesmerizing as the one I went to a few months ago. Everyone was dressed up nicely and of course they never disappoint with the theme. The theme was pretty openly interpreted. It's just a costume party. Many people aren't really dressed up as anything specially. Most of them just have exotic clothing and crazy makeup and glitter everywhere. My designer team decided to have my dress as an angel, with a white dress and wings. Of course my heels are white too. They're really trying to sell the "purity" act. Which of course I don't feel pure. And then there's Coriolanus, dressed as the devil. No tail thankfully, but he just has the horns. And he's wearing a black suit. He looks rather handsome and almost like a trickster, which really he is.

A random man walks past me and mutters, "angel of death."

It's surprises me and mentally throws me off.

Coriolanus leans in, "what did he say?"

"Nothing," I quickly end the conversation.

I guess not everyone in the Capitol loves me or the games. I'm not a fan of the games or even the capitol itself, but I guess the games never ended for me. I feel like every time I go on television or interact with people in the Capitol, it's all an act. I love Coriolanus and that's the most real thing I've ever experienced. I also want a better life for myself. Even though I have all nice things in district 12, it's still not the same. In a way, I still feel like I'm trying to survive even though I'm no longer in the games. It gets mentally exhausting, especially with my lack of sleep. I usually wake up in the middle of the night due to a nightmare and struggle to go back asleep. All of the tributes haunt me in my dreams.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" Coriolanus asks.

"Mmm you might have to jog my memory." I tease.

"Just promise you won't leave me tonight like you did last time."

"I promise I won't abruptly leave like that. Things are different now. We do normal couple things. We come to parties together and leave together as well."

"I like the sound of that." Coriolanus smirks.

Over the course of the night, many random people come up to us and congratulate our happiness. I meet Coriolanus' grandmother and cousin, Tigris. I absolutely love Tigris. She is so sweet and caring and I can really tell she loves Coriolanus so much. I also the love the little nickname he gave him, Coryo. His grandmother is very old school, but she seems very happy.

A very beautiful woman with long black hair and darker skin walks up to us.

"Hiii Coriolanus." She looks over at me. "Hello, Ashe. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. My name is Clemensia and I was Coriolanus' partner in school."

I see the way she looks at Coriolanus and can instantly tell she likes him too much. He either genuinely likes him or she just likes the power he holds now. I can't tell which one yet. She's also quite a beautiful girl, I'm surprised Coriolanus wouldn't have gone out with her.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you too." I fake a smile.

I see Dr. Gaul walk towards up. My stomach drops and I hope it's only to say hello. I hope she only wishes to say hello to the old classmates together now.

"Hello everyone. Ashe, if I may see you. I have a business proposal." Dr. Gaul says.

"Let me escort her over with you." Coriolanus says.

"No, no. Just her alone." Dr. Gaul says.

I can see the way Coriolanus does not like her remark. He knows this woman better than anybody, but yet doesn't know her well enough at the same time. I can tell he senses something he doesn't like.

"Don't worry, I can keep Coriolanus occupied." Clemensia says.

She has her hands on his chest and his playing with some of the buttons. I don't like her and how she is acting towards him, but I have to go with Dr. Gaul.

"I'll be okay," I smile up at Coriolanus.

I walk away with Dr. Gaul, feeling uneasy with him and Clemensia. I feel uneasy with going with Dr. Gaul. I know it has something to do with our deal. I just hope it's details, because I am not ready for what's to come.

————-

We walk over to a hotel and go inside. The person at the desk nods at Dr. Gaul and we just walk past her into the elevator. We go up to the penthouse and I can feel my body starting to shake. I know exactly where this is going.

The door opens and it opens to a room covered in red. The walls are red, the bed is red, even the carpet is red. There is some furniture with black however. I see a man sitting on a chair. He doesn't look like a classic capitol man. He doesn't have the makeup or crazy clothes, he honestly just looks like a man. But he is wearing a suit. He looks like he could be important.

"The cash is on the nightstand." He says.

I look over to the nightstand and see thousands of dollars there. My eyes widen with how much money is sitting there. And my heart start to speed up with how scared I'm getting.

Dr. Gaul walks over to the nightstand and grabs the money.

"Thank you. Now you may have your night with her. And remember not to hurt her any where on her face. She still has to make an appearance sometimes." Dr. Gaul says.

The man stands up from the chair and walks over to me. My entire bodily is covered in goosebumps and I'm shaking and can't stop. I start to cry, not because I want to, but because I have never felt so helpless in my life.

I can't fight back.

I hear Dr. Gaul start to leave with the click of the elevator button.

"Don't cry." The man says in an angry voice.

He grabs me by the neck and slams me on the bed very hard.