Thirty-Five

The train arrives at the station, at district 1. I've been here before, so everything is a little familiar. I didn't stay too long, however, so everything is still new to me. My goal is to keep a low profile, I don't need too many people recognizing it's me. I put my hood up and a pair of sunglasses I brought with me. As long as I don't get in trouble everything should be fine.

Coriolanus is a peacekeeper, which means that he probably won't be alone. I'll have to try to get him alone somehow. I have absolutely no idea where he will be. Is there a headquarter he would be at? Will he just be roaming the streets? I'm not entirely sure where to look. I guess I will keep walking around until I see him. I don't plan on spending the night here. I just need to see him, even if it's for five minutes.

I bump into someone and immediately say, "sorry!" My sunglasses came off and landed on the sidewalk. I go to pick them up and I feel someone grab my arm. I look up panicked, not recognizing the person as they pull me into the alley. The man puts his hand over my mouth and pushes me into the brick wall.

"Shh, don't scream. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Liam."

My eyes widen by the realization. I recognize him now. He's Bianca's Liam.

He takes his hand off of my mouth and takes a few steps back.

"Liam, what the hell!? What are you doing scaring me like that?" I ask.

"You need to leave." He says.

"No, not until I find Coriolanus." I say.

"Don't worry about him, he's fine. But you wont be if the capitol catches you here."

"What do you mean? What do you know about the Capitol?" I ask, confused.

I can see he has answers to my questions. Answers to questions I probably don't even have.

"The Capitol will keep you around to keep control over the people. Don't you get that? You live in the Capitol, I would think you would know what's really going on."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I say.

"Their system is so weak that they rely on these stupid things to distract people from what's really going on. They will use you until they no longer can or if you become too difficult."

"I don't understand."

"Stop being so difficult."

"Coriolanus is here because of me. I'm here because of me. He's already paying the price for my mistake."

"You mean the prostitution?"

"How do you know about that?" I ask, distraught.

How could he know about that? That was between me and Dr. Gaul. Unless it somehow got out and someone is making me look bad.

"Because that's what they made me do. It was either I make money for them or they kill Bianca."

I look at him with sadness in my eyes. He did that for Bianca. He truly did love Bianca.

"I did all of that for them and they killed her anyway." He says.

I can see tears starting to pool in his eyes. He's keeping it together externally, but internally I can see he's broken.

"Im sorry about Bianca." I say. "She was my friend."

He wipes tears from his eyes and smiles a little. "I know. And I'm grateful for everything you did for her. Avenging her like that, that must have you fucked up."

"Yeah. I can't stop dreaming about it."

"If it makes you feel any better, we all do. All of the tributes have nightmares about what happened."

"Do you still work for the Capitol?" I ask and he knows what I'm implying.

"God no. That was the deal. My services for her safety and they broke that deal. I told them to fuck off."

"Good for you." I say, glad for him.

He walks closer and grabs my hands. "Ashe, because you were Bianca's friend, I need you to leave. I know she would want you safe and I'm trying to protect you for her."

I sigh, feeling disappointed I didn't get to see Coriolanus, but I know he's right. I'm putting myself in danger by doing this, possibly Coriolanus as well.

"Liam, there's something Bianca wanted me to tell you."

He looks up at me instantly. I can see how much he misses her.

"She said that you mean the world to her and if love were enough she would be here with you now."

He smiles and looks up at the sky. "I love you too."