Thirty-Six

"We need to get you out of here," Liam says.

"Okay, I'll head back to the train station," I say.

"Keep your head low. There's more going on than you think."

"What's going on? I need the whole truth."

"There's a ball in a few days and I'll be there. I'll tell you everything then, but please, you have to leave."

"Okay, yeah I know which hall you're talking about. I'll be there too. Come find me then."

I see someone tackle Liam on to the ground. It looks like it's a peacekeeper. He has Liam pinned to the ground and he's punching him.

"Stop!" I yell. "You're hurting him."

I go to try and break up the fight. I grab the man's arm before he punches Liam again. He turns his head and I see it's Coriolanus.

"Coriolanus?"

He looks different. I didn't recognize him at first. His curly hair is gone, he had buzz cut is hair. He also looks more muscular. He wasn't the smallest person before, but he had been a little starved. He's wearing a peacekeeper uniform and has a gun strapped over his back.

"He was holding your hand," Coriolanus says. He sounds very angry.

"He's a friend." I say, trying to reassure him. "It's Liam, Bianca's Liam."

Coriolanus looks back down towards Liam and slowly backs away from him.

"What are you doing here?" Coriolanus asks.

"I came to see you," I say.

"You shouldn't have done that. It's too dangerous, if they find out-."

"I'm sorry. I was just leaving."

"I'll escort her back," Liam says.

"No." Coriolanus says, still sounding angry. "I'll escort her back to the train station."

"I'll keep in touch," Liam says. He walks away, back into the street.

Coriolanus grabs my arm. "Let's go."

"Why are you being like this?" I ask, angry.

He lets go of my arm and whips his head at me. "Because I care about you. I don't want you getting hurt, especially with how capable they are."

"I'm sorry. I'll admit it was stupid, but I got your letter and-."

"Jesus," he scoffs. "That stupid letter." He shakes his head. "I wrote to you so you wouldn't do something like this, but had I known this, I wouldn't have."

"Well you don't need to be mean like that."

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you getting hurt. I'll be home soon. I just need you to stay out of trouble and act like everything is normal. Can you do that?"

"Yeah I can do that."

"Let me walk you to the station."

Coriolanus walks me to the station and sends me off, no hug or kiss. I understand what I did wasn't the smartest thing, but I had to see him. I'm just shocked my his new behavior. He seemed on edge and uptight, which isn't like him. He seemed to have changed, physically and mentally. I wonder if something happened that I didn't know about. He told me he'll be home soon. I don't know when that is but I'll be patient. At least I met Liam. I have a new ally.