Homewrecker Daddy

{happy holidays!!! Thought I'd drop another chapter to celebrate. Regular updates starting January 3rd}

"They are going to be here in ten minutes. You better be dressed" My mom yells up to my bedroom from our living room.

"I am dressed" I yell back.

My mom's homewrecker boyfriend is coming today to stay with us for the summer. I have never met him and never planned on it. I honestly don't even know his name. I just refer to him as homewrecker boyfriend. Apparently, he lives in some other state and they have been long distance dating for like a year. I couldn't less what state it is. Unless it's Wisconsin. I fucking hate Wisconsin. I tune out whenever my mom starts talking about him. I just know he is bringing his two kids. I don't know how old they are and again don't care. But if they are like five I'm packing my bags and going to my dad's house for the rest of the summer. I don't even know why I stayed with cheater mom. I'm dreading this whole thing already.

I'm currently lying on my bed; watching TV watching old reruns of Gossip Girl. I find myself becoming more like Blair every day. My room is fairly simple. I hate clutter and chaos. My life is chaotic enough so at least I can control my room. My bed is front and center right when you walk in. I have a TV hanging up on the wall. I made my dad install it before he moved out so I wouldn't have to sit in the living room near cheater mommy. I have a closet on the opposite side of my bed. There is a desk next to it. My nightstand is always clean. Every once in a while I'll have a spare cup on it.

"Oh my god! They are here! Harper get down here! They are here!" My mom starts freaking out.

"I'm coming" I say.

I get up and slowly walk downstairs. She is all excited and looking out the window like a creeper. I roll my eyes. Could she be any more desperate? "Calm down he is just a person." I say.

"That person is the love of my life." She says.

"Gross."

"Be nice. I need this to go well so our families can mesh" She says.

He parks the car and she runs over to the front door. She takes a deep breath and then opens it. She walks out completely normal as if she wasn't just acting like a giddy 16-year-old. I should know, I am one.

She turns around and asks, "Are you coming?" I roll my eyes and start following behind her.

He gets out of the car first. He says hi to my mom and hugs her. This is the first time she has seen this guy in months and all she does is hug him. Judging by the way she was acting 30 seconds ago, I thought she would be dry-humping him by now.

I glance at the back seat of the car where his kids are. I couldn't see them that well but it was a girl who looked around my age and a boy laying on her lap.

"Hi. I'm Collin" He says to me.

He puts out his hand for me to shake. I look at it for a second before making my next move.

"Hi homewrecker daddy" I say and give him a tight squeeze. He was speechless. I've been waiting for that all day.

"Harper..." My mom says. She gives me one of those parent looks where you know you fucked up. I didn't do anything wrong though. It's not like I was lying.

"What? I am just excited to meet my new dad." I couldn't even try to hide my smug little smile. It was silent for a couple of seconds. A little awkward which is just what I wanted.

"Kids, come. Get out of the car" He says quite loudly to the two in the backseat.

The girl rolls down the window. "He's asleep on me and won't wake up." Her voice sounded oddly familiar.