New York Calls

{omg I forgot the authors note
Enjoy the chapter
Xoxo Gossip Girl}

3am;

Any minute now, I should be getting my phone call. After camp today, I fell asleep the second I got home, then woke up about an hour ago. I considered calling her the second I woke up, but tradition is tradition. I've just been sitting here in my dark room, staring at my ceiling.

I miss her. She needs just to come back to Florida already. It's been too long. I am dreading this next week and a half. It is going to go by so slowly. I want to take her on an official date now that Casey is no longer in the picture. I should tell her about that already. I don't know why I am avoiding that. I want to hold her hand. I just want to kiss her when I am not drunk. I don't want her to kiss me "accidentally". I want her lying here with me right now, talking about whatever she wants.

My phone lights up, indicating I finally got the notification I had been waiting for. It was just a text from her. Weird. She usually calls without warning.

Jessie:
Are you up?

Yes

Jessie:
Ok

That's all I get back. An ok? That's it? Not a how are you or a I miss you, what are you doing or an I love you. An ok?

Less than two seconds later she calls me. Much better Jessie.

I sit up and turn on my light. I then lay on my stomach. "Hi" She says when I answer.

"Hi" I say back

."I didn't want to call if you were sleeping. I'm sure you had a long day" She says.

"Oh I did. I got the Levi sleep schedule after one day." I say. She laughs. "How is New York so far?"

"Eh it's New York"

"Did you at least get to see some of your friends?" I ask.

"I saw a few today. They couldn't believe some of the stories I came back with" She says.

"They must think I am a horrible influence" I joke.

"Oh they do" She says.

"I miss you" I say.

"I miss you too. I can't wait to come back and make some new crazy stories." They might end up crazier then she knows. It is going to go something like my dad's girlfriends daughter fell in love with me and then broke up with her boyfriend and then we dated and then my dad and his girlfriend broke up. At least that's what I hope.

"Do you think I am cheating on Casey?" I ask.

"You want the truth?" She asks. I nod. "Yes. I think you are. I don't tell you this because I know you love him."

"Do you think I should break up with him?" I ask.

I already know what she was thinking. Of course, she wants me to break up with him. But she would never tell me that.

"Harper, do whatever you see fit." She says. Told ya.

"I knew you would say that" It is silent for a moment. "I think i'm gonna go now. I'm tired" I say.

"That's ok you've had a long day. I love you" She says.

"I love you too. I'll talk to you tomorrow" I say.

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight" I say back and hang up the call.