S01E09

"What's the next move?" Deepika turned her face towards Hrithik. He pondered for a moment.

"Gotta make a few calls," he replied, his thoughts gradually drifting away from Kiara, redirecting to the challenges that might unfold.

Deepika held his hand and leaned on his shoulder. The room, dimly lit, held a sense of secrecy, as if every word exchanged between them carried the weight of the impending situation.

"I met Aisha," Hrithik disclosed, his voice slightly lowered, as if the walls themselves could listen.

Deepika's grip tightened on Hrithik's hand as she looked up at him. "Here?" She asked, her eyes searching his for any sign of uncertainty, a silent plea for reassurance. Hrithik nodded.

"She's got a plan; the Odysseys have been bothering us for some time now, and now this," Hrithik explained with a concerned face. The gravity of the situation painted lines of worry on his forehead.

"She won't come here if it's not an inevitable deal," Deepika remarked, her eyes reflecting a mixture of caution and concern.

"She becomes the next Odyssey, and I become the Aquila," Hrithik stated. The names resonated in the confined space.

Deepika looked up again and turned his face towards hers.
"So, THE AQUILA RISING?" She asked, her tone a blend of curiosity and acceptance. Hrithik nodded with a grin on his face, a silent affirmation of the roles they were about to play.

Deepika laughed, but it faded quickly. "But that wasn't the only thing bothering you," she said, her laughter dissipating into a hushed seriousness.

He hesitated for a moment and said, "There's nothing wrong; I'm just thinking about business here."

She took his fingers into hers. "We've been together since forever now; do you think you can just lie to me?" Deepika insisted again, her eyes piercing through any attempt to conceal the truth.

"Tell me," she urgedhim.

"It's about the GANGS OF 2000," Hrithik finally revealed. "To bring them back – us, The Odysseys, The Kamigamis, and Ram & Co." He said.

Deepika's face wore a mix of curiosity and concern. "What's it about?"

"The Antrax Cartel and the Zetas have started their moves," Hrithik explained.

Deepika, momentarily dismissive, laughed, "What are these Americanos gonna do against us?" Her laughter, a brief respite, echoed in the room.

But Hrithik's face remained serious, the room resonating his heart as darkness.
"The mines in Egypt and Australia." The words hung in the air, a heavy realization settling between them, her laugh again faded away.

"How do they know?" she questioned.

"Nick..." Hrithik began as he walked towards the cupboard. He grabbed a hoodie and jeans and started wearing it.

"Last time something like this happened, I lost my sister," Hrithik said, tangling with his grief. He took slow steps towards the desk and opened the drawer.

"I vowed to protect her child; I couldn't even do it." He said as he took a gun from the desk and tucked it behind him.

Deepika suddenly hugged him from behind, her embrace a reassurance. "Stop it; that was 20 years ago, we can't change the past..." She said in her soft voice.

He turned towards her, "The supply will reach in a few days," He reminded her.

"If Raman isn't here, who's bringing it?" She asked.