S01E15

Sid's laughter echoed through the room as Kiara's scream of pain reverberated in the nightmare. Suddenly, she jolted awake, her scream continuing even as her eyes opened. Sweating profusely, she found herself still in her bed, the reality of the room contrasting sharply with the horrifying dream. Coughing in the aftermath of her intense scream, she gathered herself.

"That was just a dream?" Kiara thought, her heart still racing. Pushing aside the blankets, she rose from the bed. Glancing at the clock, she noted it was already 10:00 in the morning. Sid must have left for the office by now. Shaking off the residual fear from her nightmare, she headed straight for the shower.

Stepping into the cascading water, Kiara felt a chilling sensation, a stark contrast to the lingering fear from the dream. The cold water helped cool the remnants of her anxious state. She took a moment to breathe, allowing the water to wash away the haunting images that lingered in her mind.

After cleaning up, Kiara dressed herself and made her way downstairs. The house was quiet, and the morning sunlight spilled through the windows.

Kiara heard the insistent ring of the doorbell, and despite the fatigue weighing on her, she made her way to the entrance, glancing through the door cam to find Deepika waiting outside.

Opening the door, Kiara was greeted by Deepika's inquisitive gaze. "Aren't you ready yet?" Deepika questioned.

"Oh, I just overslept," Kiara responded, inviting Deepika inside.

"We'll take another route today," Deepika suggested, leading the way into the living room.

Kiara hesitated, her thoughts lingering in the haze of her disturbing dream. Deepika noticed her friend's silence and turned back, sensing something amiss.

"Hey, forgot about our driving class?" Deepika inquired, her eyes fixed on Kiara's uncertainty.

Deepika stepped closer, concern etched on her face. "Hey? What happened?" she asked, gently shaking Kiara.

"I just have a headache," Kiara replied, attempting to brush off the unease.

"Hey? What happened? You don't seem excited," Deepika pressed on.

"It's nothing. I just have a headache," Kiara insisted, retreating into the kitchen.

"I'm making coffee, do you want some?" Kiara offered, trying to divert the conversation.

"Yeah, sure," Deepika replied, settling on the couch. However, she couldn't ignore the subtle shift in Kiara's demeanor.

As Kiara prepared the coffee, Deepika quietly entered the kitchen. Sensing the need for comfort, she approached Kiara from behind, attempting to envelop her in a reassuring embrace. Startled, Kiara's grip slipped, and the coffee mug flew from her hands, shattering on the floor.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to." Kiara apologized as Deepika stepped back, her eyes narrowing with concern.
"Kiara." She called, Kiara leaned down taking the pieces of the mug.

"KIARA." Deepika shouted. "What's going on, Kiara? You've been absent-minded this whole time. Are you even planning to come for the driving lesson?" Deepika asked, her worry palpable.

"I don't feel like it today," Kiara replied, her gaze drifting away.

Deepika sighed, sensing there was more beneath the surface. "Kiara, talk to me. What's bothering you?"
Kiara couldn't utter a word.

"Hrithik is coming back tomorrow," Deepika continued, her words hanging in the air. "He wants you to be there."

Kiara's demeanor shifted abruptly, tension tightening her shoulders. Deepika noticed the sudden change and pressed, "What's wrong now?"