S01E11

Note : Read - AQUILA RISING for Hrithik's aspect of the story.

Deepika's car eased into the underground garage where her dedicated worker, Aldo, awaited her. As the sleek vehicle came to a stop, Aldo swiftly opened the door, ready to assist. Deepika stepped out, her gaze focused, and began walking purposefully towards the elevator, Aldo trailing behind.

"The Port notice has been filed, Ma'am," Aldo reported, attempting to engage her in conversation.

She walked on, seemingly unresponsive. Aldo, undeterred, continued, "And about the meeting."

Deepika looked back, cutting him off with a stern tone, "I know, Aldo. Just stop talking."

Aldo nodded silently, recognizing her preference for solitude. As they ascended in the elevator, Deepika's mind was immersed in her thoughts, contemplating the intricacies of the business world.

Upon reaching her office, Deepika spotted Kiara waiting there, a genuine smile illuminating her face. Turning to Aldo, Deepika quipped, "You didn't tell me I had visitors."

Aldo responded respectfully, "Because, Ma'am, you asked me to stop talking."

Deepika let out a mild curse under her breath, a wry smile playing on her lips. Approaching Kiara with a genuine smile, she remarked, "You're early today."

Kiara reciprocated with a warm hug. "Where's Hrithik?" she inquired.

"He mentioned his trip to Russia. Didn't he tell you?" Deepika replied.

"He did, but I thought he was lying," Kiara confessed with a disappointment.

Deepika ushered Kiara into her room, settling behind her desk. "Sit, let's catch up."

Kiara perched on the hotel bed, watching as Deepika effortlessly slipped out of her clothes. Deepika noticed the intensity of Kiara's gaze and shared a casual remark about her formal outfits.

"These are my typical office wear. We usually attend meetings at the office," Deepika said while dressing. She approached Kiara, delicately lifting her chin with a teasing touch. Kiara stiffened at the subtle yet electrifying contact.

"Let's have some fun when I get back," Deepika suggested with a purr.

Kiara pulled back, her eyes locking onto Deepika's. "No, Hrithik said I'm not allowed to be touched until he comes back. Not even by myself."

Deepika chuckled, her laughter filling the charged atmosphere. "It's amusing to hear you say that."

Kiara's smile faded as Deepika continued, "Why does Hrithik have to know? Sometimes, a little secret keeps things interesting."

"I'm waiting for him," Kiara replied firmly. "He asked me to learn to wait," she added with a sly grin.

With a sigh, Deepika leaned back. "Your loss. But fine, be the good girl." She smirked and moved away.

"I have a meeting to attend," Deepika announced, adjusting her crisp white shirt cuffs.

"I'm coming with you," Kiara declared, defiance gleaming in her eyes.

Deepika hesitated, a hint of uncertainty crossing her face. "Kiara, it's not a place for you."

"But what am I suppose to do, until you come back," Kiara pleaded earnestly. "Please, I don't even know anyone here."

Deepika's resistance crumbled under Kiara's gaze. "Fine, but you stay close, and don't get involved."

Kiara beamed with triumph. "Yay... Thanks."