S01E12

"To thank him, for all the things he done." She said and walked upstairs, with a bag in her hand. The soft glow of the antique lamps cast a warm ambiance as she ascended, the wooden stairs creaking beneath her weight. Each step seemed to carry a silent burden, an unspoken heaviness that permeated the air.

Sid stood there without understanding her, he didn't understand what's happening to her, she changed so much after the first day coming to Italy. The quaint Italian villa, adorned with rustic charm, witnessed Sid's confusion. The flickering candlelight on the coffee table played with shadows, mirroring the uncertainty that now clouded his relationship.

Sid thought taking her to this place would make her happy, but now he was feeling like she was getting far away from him. The ornate curtains swayed gently with a breeze, a metaphor for the unpredictable shifts in their connection. Sid, wearing an expression of bewilderment, stood near the window, questioning the choices that brought them here.

He sat down on the couch as his phone notification buzzed. He looked onto the phone. His job joining date have came out, he have to join the office tomorrow. The modern smartphone rested in his hands, its screen illuminating his face. The message displayed the imminent reality of work, but Sid's mind was preoccupied with the emotional distance growing between him and Kiara.

The real reason for them for coming here was, for his promotion and transfer to this country from his office in New York. He didn't had the same excitement as he always has knowing about it. The framed promotion letter on the wall seemed to mock the muted enthusiasm that now surrounded Sid. The room, once filled with anticipation, now echoed with a subdued atmosphere.

He walked upstairs to their bedroom, it was locked again. The mahogany door, adorned with intricate carvings, stood as a symbol of the barriers between them. "Honey..." He called, knocking on the door. There was no response, "I don't understand this." He said, "Why did you lock the door." The tension in his voice echoed through the hallway, the faded wallpaper absorbing the unspoken troubles of their relationship.

He hit on the door few times, "What?" Kiara's voice came from inside. The echo of her response hung in the air, a distant acknowledgment of his presence.

"Honey, please tell me, did I do something wrong." Sid asked. There was no response from the other end. "I'm joining my job tomorrow." He said, and waited for a response. The weight of his words hung in the air, mingling with the uncertainty that surrounded them. "Kiara, I just got the appointment." He said.

"Oh, congratulations with your actual job." Kiara said. Her tone, though acknowledging the news, carried a detachment that fueled Sid's sense of isolation.

"Oh that's it about, just open the door honey, let's talk." Sid said, and there was no response. The room, shrouded in darkness, amplified the emotional barriers between them.

The light inside have switched off, he realised she wasn't gonna open the door again. The sudden darkness mirrored the fading hope in Sid's heart. Frustrated, He went back and laid down on the couch again. The contours of the couch seemed to mold into the shape of his frustration, an inanimate witness to the unraveling of a connection that once held promise.

Waking to the sight of Kiara leaving the house, Sid peered through the window, catching a glimpse of her leaning into a cab. A surge of confusion swept over him, but it wasn't the time for Sid to unravel the intricacies of the moment. He ascended the stairs, gearing up for his inaugural day at the office, clad in his finest suit.

Perusing the appointment order once more, he felt the jitters as he steered his car to the unfamiliar location. Italy, a novel territory for him, marked his inaugural venture into the entirety of Europe. Parking his car, Sid entered the lift, fixating on the emblem emblazoned on the wall, signaling the construction company's name, "Edilizia Eleganza."