S01E17

Kiara awoke on the couch, it was a Sunday morning, the aftermath of the previous day etched on her face. Sid, dressed for an unknown destination on his day off, conveyed an urgency that unsettled the air in their home.

Kiara hesitated, a sense of trepidation gripping her as she contemplated broaching the subject. The memory of Sid's aggression lingered, and she felt like she was navigating a minefield. Margot's intervention may have prevented a darker outcome, but the tension in the air remained palpable.

Summoning courage, Kiara rose from the couch. "Siddharth," she called, her voice carrying a gentle plea.

"Yes," came his curt response, his eyes avoiding direct contact.

"Where are you going?" she inquired, cautious of the storm brewing beneath the surface.

Sid glanced back at her, disbelief coloring his expression. "You don't wanna know," he replied tersely, his attention focused on collecting certificates from the table.

"I want to know if I can come with you," she ventured, her eyes searching for a hint of openness.

"No, you can't," Sid dismissed her request with a brusque tone, his movements purposeful.

"Just drop me off at the supermarket," Kiara suggested, her attempt to find common ground.

"Get a cab, Kiara, and stop annoying me," Sid snapped, the tension in the room escalating.

"Okay," she sighed, a subtle defeat in her tone. "Can you please book me a cab?" she asked, her eyes reflecting a sense of resignation.

Fueled by frustration, Sid stormed towards her, gripping her shoulders tightly, his eyes reflecting the remnants of yesterday's rage. "What the hell is your problem, Kiara?" he shouted, the echo of his words lingering in the room. "Can't you just do it yourself? Are you trying to take a rise out of me?"

"I can't, my phone..." she began, her voice quivering, but Sid interrupted her with a demand.

"Where's your phone?" he pressed, his expression hardened.

"You broke it," Kiara confessed, her eyes revealing a mix of vulnerability and regret.

Suddenly jolted back to reality, Sid released his grip on her shoulders. He sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair in a gesture of frustration. "Sorry," he muttered, a trace of remorse in his eyes.

"Market, you haven't brought any groceries this week. There's nothing here to... Even eat," she implored.

"Alright," Sid conceded, turning to walk away. Before he could take more than a step, she called out to him, and he stopped.

She approached him, her eyes searching his face. "Those things you said yesterday. I have nothing to do with any of it. I know you won't believe me. I wasn't doing anything against you in New York," she pleaded, reaching out to touch his face. "I made a mistake, but I love you. And I will always..." Her words hung in the air as Siddharth interrupted.

"Kiara, I want a divorce... I'm going to meet a lawyer. I hope you cooperate with it," he declared. His words landed heavily on her heart, causing it to skip a few beats. He turned away, walking towards the door, leaving her standing in disbelief.

Her world shattered at the utterance of those words, her heartbeat quickening. Trembling, she felt a dull ache in her chest. A pain that seemed to radiate through every fiber of her being. She turned and stumbled towards the dining hall, her vision blurred with unshed tears.

Sid leaned on the dining table, pouring himself a glass of water, oblivious to the emotional storm behind him. Kiara, grappling with the pain, tried to drink from the glass, but the ache persisted, refusing to be drowned by water alone. The jug slipped from her hand, crashing onto the floor and shattering into irreparable pieces.