Part 6- Numb

"Will you call me to tell me you're alright? 'Cause I worry about you the whole night"
James Arthur

Couple days went by and my mind was blank. His face was replaying in my head, the hurt in his voice, all of it. Simone told me what happened and I felt sick. I know it was an accident but looking at Michéle's brother made my blood boil.

I know he was protecting us both but that's not the way he should have dealt with it. I was sat outside staring into space. "Hey" I turn around and see Simone and Michéle.

"Hey" I say turning back around "don't worry Aurelia he'll be okay, I'm worried too even tho I don't like him" states Michéle. "My brother did the wrong thing but I don't want him to get expelled" I look at Michéle "Don't worry your brother will be okay i promise."

"Yeah don't worry, this will sound bad but Descamps is at home recovering so they won't see him but you know who they will see.."
Simone trails off.

"Jean Pierre" i say realising. "Exactly, they'll see him with his perfectly combed hair, his good grades, his manners. They'll be thinking about him not the one eyed boy."

Simone was right. He'll win they're trust back, but that wasn't going to happen. We see everyone turn around looking at someone. All three of us turn around confused until we see him.

Descamps with a bandage covering his eye. My heart dropped to my feet. All my worries were washed away when I saw his face. But he didn't look happy, angry or sad. He looked lifeless.

I look at Simone and then at Michéle who looked disappointed but relieved that he was okay. We walk to our class hoping we weren't late.

Mrs Giraud was speaking to us about history but I didn't care I kept looking over at Descamps wanting to know how he is feeling, what is going through his head.

He definitely noticed my deep stare burning into his head, he turned around looking at me with no expression, no cheeky grin, no rude remark, no wink, nothing absolutely nothing.

Mrs Giraud was speaking about class captain and obviously Felbec raises his hand giving a whole boring speech on how every teacher picks him but she quickly shuts him down and says "whoever can tell me the date of the Battle of Marathon this afternoon will be named class captain." And with that she dismissed us.

(Hey everyone thankyou so much for 1k reads I appreciate it so much)
(I will make sure to make Descamps and Aurelia to have a moment in part 7)
🤍❤️